problems with two computers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oxpaha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 8:38 am    Post subject: problems with two computers Reply with quote

I have two computers at home and they are connected through the router. When i install the server on my computer, its only accessable from my 1st computer or my own. When i give my ip to someone to access it from the internet it doesn't work. They only see error page. The server perfectly works on my local network.

Who knows how to set it up so the server can be accessable through the internet? Please email me at sanek_15@yahoo.com

Thank you
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: problems with two computers Reply with quote

oxpaha wrote:
I have two computers at home and they are connected through the router. When i install the server on my computer, its only accessable from my 1st computer or my own. When i give my ip to someone to access it from the internet it doesn't work. They only see error page. The server perfectly works on my local network.

Who knows how to set it up so the server can be accessable through the internet? Please email me at sanek_15@yahoo.com

Thank you

This issue has been already discussed in our forum. Please browse the posts and you will find many interesting discussions about it.
Your problem is due to a firewall or router which blocks incoming TCP traffic.
oxpaha

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 4:36 am    Post subject: The problem is solved Reply with quote

I solved the problem with conectivity. The router was giving me wrong ip. Now i want to setup my own domain. Like www.domain.com. I already have domain registered. What should i do next

Thank you
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: The problem is solved Reply with quote

oxpaha wrote:
I solved the problem with conectivity. The router was giving me wrong ip. Now i want to setup my own domain. Like www.domain.com. I already have domain registered. What should i do next

Thank you

All will work automatically when people will access http://www.domain.com provided that you have registered www.domain.com and that it points correctly to your computer's IP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: