PHP-Nuke and error 200

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yalrighty
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:52 am    Post subject: PHP-Nuke and error 200 Reply with quote

Hi guys, I am just trying out abyss web server and want to get rid of apache web server and run abyss instead. The server is Windows 2000 and I have PHP support installed.

The problem I am having is that the pages load and it seems to work but when I try to login to my site or rate an article or do anything that involves sending data I get error 200 ... does anyone run php nuke with abyss web server and know how to fix this? If it can't be fixed, I will unfortunately have to keep running Apache.

The address to the site is http://abbadons-curse.servegame.com

Last edited by yalrighty on Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SonnyB
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:37 am    Post subject: Answer. Reply with quote

What you need to do is go into your php.ini file located on your windows main drive and turn register globals on

Located = C:/Windows/Php.ini
Put "Register globals = on"

That Should Solve Your Prob
AnarchyOnline Ent
aappel03@yahoo.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
yalrighty
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

didnt work :(
Deledar
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you use the tutorial I made on installing PHP-Nuke?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
yalrighty
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read over it .. I don't want to re-install php-nuke - I already had a site up with content. I just wanted to switch webserver software and turning register_globals-on in php.ini doesn't seem to do anything except open security holes.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yalrighty wrote:
I read over it .. I don't want to re-install php-nuke - I already had a site up with content. I just wanted to switch webserver software and turning register_globals-on in php.ini doesn't seem to do anything except open security holes.

That's the only solution. Please open php.ini and search for the line that starts with "register_globals" and change it to
Code:

register_globals= on

Remove any other "register_gloabls" line. The problem you have is with PHPNuke that uses old PHP variable naming convention. It isn't a problem with Abyss.
yalrighty
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

register_globals is on .. it didnt do anything.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yalrighty wrote:
register_globals is on .. it didnt do anything.

The only solution is to review your configuration and installation of PHP-Nuke. This script works fine on Abyss so check the problem on your side.
yalrighty
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got it working now but it wasn't register_globals that was the problem since I had that set to on - in fact I do not know what the problem was. What I did was ...

First, I reinstalled Abyss and PHP ..

Then, I backed up my nuke database..

Then, I wiped the database clean ..

Then, I re-installed PHP-Nuke clean with Abyss ..

Then, I wiped out the newly created database and re-uploaded the old database, restoring the content of the site.

All of a sudden it magically worked and now that it works, I am quite happy with your product 8)

I put the powered by abyss button on my site, gave you some good kudos in today's news entry, and linked you guys in my Web Links. If you want to see, click HERE

Thanks for making a great program! I would also like to make one tiny suggestion that would make life even easier for Abyss users .. perhaps you can consider putting built-in ftp into your next release. Xitami webserver has it and my friend who uses it says it is great (saves him from running BFTP Server like I do).
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yalrighty wrote:

I put the powered by abyss button on my site, gave you some good kudos in today's news entry, and linked you guys in my Web Links. If you want to see, click HERE

Thanks for making a great program! I would also like to make one tiny suggestion that would make life even easier for Abyss users .. perhaps you can consider putting built-in ftp into your next release. Xitami webserver has it and my friend who uses it says it is great (saves him from running BFTP Server like I do).

Now all works, that's great !!! Thank you for the suggestions and for the news entry. We are already working on embedding FTP in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: