A FREE CGI TUTORIAL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: A FREE CGI TUTORIAL Reply with quote

Hey does any one know a good free cgi learning tutorial , I am new to perl and cgi and i would like to know how to do cgi programs. I already checked hotscripts.com

I just want to learn cgi so i can create my own webmaster contact forms. 8)
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: A FREE CGI TUTORIAL Reply with quote

os17fan wrote:
Hey does any one know a good free cgi learning tutorial , I am new to perl and cgi and i would like to know how to do cgi programs. I already checked hotscripts.com

I just want to learn cgi so i can create my own webmaster contact forms. 8)

CGI is not a programming language. It is a protocol used to exchange information between script/executables and a web server. PHP is also using CGI, as well as ASP, Perl, and many others.
So if we understand well, you want to learn Perl. Have a look on http://cgi.resourceindex.com/Documentation/Programming_Languages/Programming_in_Perl/ for some interesting pointers.
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know that I guess Perl is the programming language. I will have a look. Thanks for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> FastCGI/CGI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: