Form Query String to .EXE (C++) Cgi App

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkSlasher117
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:37 am    Post subject: Form Query String to .EXE (C++) Cgi App Reply with quote

Perhaps this is a stupid question (just to be on the safe side):

I'm in the process of writing a C++ CGI app. I have no problems getting it to run; however, I am having difficulties when submitting form (html) data to it.

Code:

void main(int ArgType, char* Args[])
{
   string Query;
   cout << "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
   for(int i=0;i<ArgType;i++)
   {
      Query+=Args[i];
      if(i!=ArgType-1) Query+=" ";
   }
   cout << Query << "<br>" << endl;
   cout << "blablabla" << endl;
}

When I run the program (http://localhost:8081/cgi-win/program.exe?) - it works fine. When I enter parameters like: program.exe?this is a test - it also works fine. However - when I start puting equal signs (=) into the query - I no longer see the arguments. Thus:
Running with "program.exe?hi this is a test" results in "E:\...program.exe hi this is a test"
Running with "program.exe?this=test", however, results in "E:\...program.exe" (notice how the this=test is not printed out).

I want to know how to get it so that I see the query regardless of whether it has an equal sign. Otherwise, form queries in the format of item1=bla&item2=bla2...... won't be processed by the executable.

I hope I'm just overlooking something very obvious.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
DarkSlasher117
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:39 am    Post subject: Multiple Queries Reply with quote

Just to make it clear...if I run the app with a query like "program.exe?this is a test" - the result is ArgType being 5. Args[0]=thefile, Args[1]=this, Args[2]=is....Args[4]=test.
DarkSlasher117
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:52 am    Post subject: Fixed it myself Reply with quote

Ok...I figured it out (although it isn't what I originally wanted to do...):

Changed form method from GET to POST.
Removed Enviromental-Variable inputs and instead used a CIN>>QUERY;

But now I can't write my own queries in the address bar :(

Ah well.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Fixed it myself Reply with quote

We recommend reading the CGI specification (the URL is in the CGI chapter in the server's documentation).

What follows the ? mark can be found in the environment variable QUERY_STRING.

If you are going to use CGI from C or C++, there are many libraries that will do the low-level job for you. It is better to use them if you doesn't want to reinvent the wheel (our preferred CGI library is CGIC from http://www.boutell.com/cgic/ ).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> FastCGI/CGI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: