cgi-bin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flash

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 11:21 pm    Post subject: cgi-bin Reply with quote

The problem is probably operator headspace on my end, but after 48 hours of messing around with the issue, I can't seem to resolve it. Just installed Abyss Web Server for use as a private network at our facility. (Unfortunately, you can't check out the problem as it is behind the firewall). We use TCP/IP protocol on about 25 workstations with OSs covering all Win 95, 98 versions, ME, 2000, NT 4.0, Linux and Mac. We are serving off a Pentium 1GHz ME OS. We are having NO problems with .html docs. Running smoothly, even with some complicated paths. We cannot get ANYTHING in the cgi-bin to operate (other than .html docs placed in there for testing purposes. We added PHP support from your suggested site and followed instructions verbatim, as we did with perl. We have tried 20 or so simple scripts, i.e. clocks, date and time, etc. and cannot get any of them to run though a browser, though we tested those we could manually, and they worked. We have uninstalled everything and reinstalled it. There are NO log messages in the cgi log. There is no indication that that any program is executing, file being called, or any other activity with respect to Perl or other code. We have followed your path instructions, but the problem "seems" to be path related. Could also be an extension or mime type problem, as well, though. Any ideas? Do you have any known good simple script with output (hit counter, date and time, anything) that we could use for testing? Any similiar problems reported? Other than that, this has been a great, simple, and easy to use product. Thanks.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: cgi-bin Reply with quote

Have you added the '/' path to the CGI Paths ?
Here are some simple scripts you can test:
A PHP sample:
Code:

<?
    phpinfo();
?>

A Perl sample:
Code:

print <<END;

<html>
<head>
<title>example</title>
</head>

<body>
Here is an example
</body>
</html>
END

1;

If you still have problems, attach your abyss.conf to an email and send it to support@aprelium.com . Our support team will check the file and will try to help you to get the problem solved (you can also tell them the exact path of your Perl interpreter).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> FastCGI/CGI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: