Win95

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teo
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject: Win95 Reply with quote

I have abyss x1 running on a win95 machine. I use a few scripts on my page so i followed the step-by-step instructions on how to install php and perl on the server. But it doesnt seem to function properly. My php guestbook and my perl/js counter does no function at all. My php form-to-email script on the other hand do. Can it be my installation of the php and perl packages that are faulty, or does abyss not function properly on win95?
Any ideas?
:?: :?: :?: :?:
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Win95 Reply with quote

teo wrote:
I have abyss x1 running on a win95 machine. I use a few scripts on my page so i followed the step-by-step instructions on how to install php and perl on the server. But it doesnt seem to function properly. My php guestbook and my perl/js counter does no function at all. My php form-to-email script on the other hand do. Can it be my installation of the php and perl packages that are faulty, or does abyss not function properly on win95?
Any ideas?

Abyss works properly on any Windows. What makes you think that your script installation is 100% OK? The script may not have been correctly installed (there are a lot of explanations for such failures). In all the cases, start by checking your script and contact its authors for more help. As you can see on these forums, most support requests deal with people who forgot to correctly setup the scripts they use (and Abyss can't be blamed for that).
teo
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: Script Reply with quote

The script i am using works fine on my friends webserver where i have parked another domain that i have. Does anybody know if there is a problem when running the latest version of the PHP installation package on such an old OS. Can there be a conflict there?

This is the guestbook script on my server running Abyss:
http://www.tow.no/gjestebok/guestbook.php

This is the guestbook script on my friends server running IIS (i think):
http://www.plymb.com/tow/guestbook/guestbook.php

Same script, one works, the other doesnt.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey teo , it looks like both of your Guest Books work , did you fix them , what is the problem your having 8)
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Script Reply with quote

Set register_gloabs in the php.ini file to on
Code:

register_globals=on

Try that and see if it is working now. Notice that this is a PHP configuration problem/script problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: