can someone please help me with my e107 mailing issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazyjust
-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: can someone please help me with my e107 mailing issue Reply with quote

I know mail has been covered a million times here, and honestly i don't understand any of it lol. I have abyss x1 on windows xp pro sp2 and I am using php preconfigured package, mysql, and e107. I have a dynamic ip so i use dyndns for my name and redirect. I have residential verizon dsl and i know they block ports 80 and 25, so i am told. Probably other ports too knowing them. I have a gmail account and would like to use that for user registration emails if possible, which i assume it would be, but i could be wrong. I have used abyss underground tutorial to attempt to set up hmail server with no success. Can someone please tell me if its even possible to set this up the way i am trying, and maybe help me out here a little? I am so lost with editing the php.ini file and all lol. I did have my e107 up with no problems but i took it down because of this email issue, because of the aggravation. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
crazyjust
-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got it working
had to use yahoo smtp server
I entered this in the php.ini

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = smtp.mail.yahoo.com:25
smtp_port = 465

and this in the 107 admin area/mail/options

smtp
SMTP Server:smtp.mail.yahoo.com:25
SMTP Username: (optional) crazy.just@verizon.net
SMTP Password: (optional) "my password"

Hope this helps someone. took me all day to get it right lol
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: