Possibility to execute applications on the server

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salkin
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Possibility to execute applications on the server Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm currently running abyss using PHP and another kind of file server for myself and friends when i am not home. Its fairly simple enough but the thing i really would like to do is execute a program on the server.

I have no idea how this would be possible to do, for example start notepad.exe on the server computer when someone sends a PHP or MySQL Query for example. I am not very good at PHP and have only written Visual Basic 6 on hobby levels.

If anyone has any ideas how this might be accomplished using plugins or third party applications or simply a function within Abyss I would be very grateful!

Regards Salkin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can execute shell commands in PHP, using a few functions. exec() is one of the functions you can use.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give you a short lesson.

If you want to get output of a command line app, use shell_exec().
If you just want to execute a program, use exec().
If you want to get the output of a command line app and directly output it (with no ability to manipulate that output), use system().

It sounds like me you want to use exec(). Try:
Code:
<?php
exec('notepad');
?>

Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Possibility to execute applications on the server Reply with quote

Salkin wrote:
Its fairly simple enough but the thing i really would like to do is execute a program on the server.

Check also the SSI exec directive in the documentation. If included in an SSI pages (.shtml) and if #exec cmd execution is enabled, you can run a .bat or .exe file on the server. See http://www.aprelium.com/data/doc/2/abyssws-win-doc-html/directives.html#AEN2434 for more details.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: