Question on File Downloads....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jero87
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Question on File Downloads.... Reply with quote

Hey guys,
Got another question you might be able to help me with...
I want to restrict the number of file downloads a user can start at one time. Solution 1, (just for clarity):
User connects to Abyss at IP adress 192.168.1.103 (whatever) and starts downloading a large (100mbs ++) file. I wish to know how to restrict that IP so that when he trys to start downloading another file it will not start until the first file is finished.
OR .... Can I also restrict it by User? so that only User A can download one file at a time etc.
Question 2:
Can I enforce single log ons to my website? So that if one person logs onto my website with their credentials and then their buddy on a different IP, the first will be kicked off (or send a message to the second guy)?
Also is it possible to cancel all downloads in progress from that username if another person successfully logs on at the same time?

Thanks a million guys! If these problems are solved with the registered version of abyss then just tell me lol. (im still saving up the money for the registration) ... dang $800 for school books :(.... BUT hey ive got 20 of the 33 in my pay pal! lol.
Thanks guys owe you one.

Abyss IS THE BEST!

Just as feedback.....
Ive been using abyss now for a few months as a web server for a LAN server. It has worked beautifully for me with zero crashes recorded since ive used it, even under HIGH stress loads. The new SSL on the Beta works very nice and have had no problems in my test environment. Cant wait to get X2. :-) Thanks aprelium for the awesome product and for contributing to the freeware community as well. 5 stars all the way! *****
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Question on File Downloads.... Reply with quote

jero87,

What you describe cannot be offered by default by web server but that the kind of features that could be easily managed by a script.

TrustAbyss has already something that could fit part of the bill. Have a look on FileLimit http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5043 . You can get in touch with to see how your suggestions could be integrated in his script.

Quote:
Abyss IS THE BEST!

Just as feedback.....
Ive been using abyss now for a few months as a web server for a LAN server. It has worked beautifully for me with zero crashes recorded since ive used it, even under HIGH stress loads. The new SSL on the Beta works very nice and have had no problems in my test environment. Cant wait to get X2. :-) Thanks aprelium for the awesome product and for contributing to the freeware community as well. 5 stars all the way! *****

Thanks a lot for your kind words and your feedback. We're always trying to do the maximum to improve Abyss Web Server and hopefully our users and customers appreciate our efforts and our product.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: