Question (Site Hacked)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
puertoblack2003
-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Question (Site Hacked) Reply with quote

i have a question someone who is bored out of his life and like to cause harm to honest folks my site was hacked what they did was somehow the index.html and index.php was replaced with the hackers info script.

how can i prevent this from happening again i have activated the hacking protection but i guess that didn't work.

i have firewall and virus protection what can i do to make it hard for these guys any idea will help thanks

-pb
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure your scripts don't have bugs in them. He can only hack through badly written scripts. Until you have them fixed, don't make those scripts available on your site.
cmxflash
-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most defaced are mostly made by newly discovered exploits in main-stream scripts. If you wrote your own code, make sure to log every access attempt, and check what URL the attacker requested when your page got defaced. I wrote a post here about the regular security problems people make when writing PHP.
puertoblack2003
-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmxflash wrote:
Most defaced are mostly made by newly discovered exploits in main-stream scripts. If you wrote your own code, make sure to log every access attempt, and check what URL the attacker requested when your page got defaced. I wrote a post here about the regular security problems people make when writing PHP.

thanks for your help guys i will read up on this more..one more question for windows base programs is there something that i can add to prevent this so far what i read is for Linux or other programs.?
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the program is not secure, then there is nothing you can do. Linux just has lockdown tweaks which shouldn't really be necessary anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: