OT: Beware of lowcostdomains.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RVachon
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: OT: Beware of lowcostdomains.com Reply with quote

I know this not Aprelium related but it is a webserver site meaning some might register domain names.

Lowcostdomains.com offers alot on there websites but you get nothing once they have your money.

I registered a doamin with them On Feb 10 for $24. I know it's not the chepaest but I wanted the Domain forwardin/masking option they have availaible. Well, Feb 11 my credit card was billed for the $24 but after 4-5 days, the domain still didn't resolve on various ISPs I tried so I log into my Domain Manager and change the DNS servers to my ISP. That was on Feb 20th. To this day, it's still not resolving any DNS servers. I did a WHOIS on my domain and it shows it registered to me, but I can't do anything with it. It's being held hostage by these thieves. I sent about 5 emails to their support addy and not one response. I opend a support ticket and it said I'd get the ticket number and info via email and never got it so I can't even check the status of this ticket because I need that info. Of course there's no phone number anyhwere on the website to call.

BTW, the domain I regsitered is spca-racing.com

Anybody have any ideas what I should do?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Bluedog
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for letting us know man...that sucks what happened...

thing is, there's not always that much you can do - I strongly recommend you give your credit card company a call - there is some sort of insurance against this thing, and I think you can get your money back from them.

Also, if these guys really are crooks, who knows what else they might do with your card number. Better safe than sorry, probably best to let them know :)

Neil
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Bluedog
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just another point, after doing a check for this domain on register.com, it appears it actually has been registered. I'm not sure what is going on at lowcostdomains, however if they registered this which cost them money they can't be stealing all of your money. Perhaps their technical support is just useless or something, or very busy....

It is registered to "Ray Vachon" by lowcostdomains according to the whois.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
tv2Rob
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't want to be advertizing...but this company will give all of what you need for a lot cheaper and they have LIVE support and many many satisfied customers.

http://www.registerfly.com/
RVachon
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob, if only I knew about it before I got screwed :(
GR££DY
-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's odd. I bought my domain name from LCN, and it was working within a few hours. I have also had to change the forwarding settings a couple of times and that has worked instantaneously.

It seems that you may be the victim of a rare CENSORED-up.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, registerfly posted by tv2rob looks very good. I might try it out and see what happens.

The way I managed my domains for a very lost cost because I own a lot of them is I register them at http://www.godaddy.com and then I use the powertools available at http://www.mydomain.com to manage it.

registerfly looks good though. I'll check it out soon enough. Good luck :)
stephencooke
-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: OT: Beware of lowcostdomains.com Reply with quote

RVachon wrote:
I know this not Aprelium related but it is a webserver site meaning some might register domain names.

Lowcostdomains.com offers alot on there websites but you get nothing once they have your money.

I registered a doamin with them On Feb 10 for $24. I know it's not the chepaest but I wanted the Domain forwardin/masking option they have availaible. Well, Feb 11 my credit card was billed for the $24 but after 4-5 days, the domain still didn't resolve on various ISPs I tried so I log into my Domain Manager and change the DNS servers to my ISP. That was on Feb 20th. To this day, it's still not resolving any DNS servers. I did a WHOIS on my domain and it shows it registered to me, but I can't do anything with it. It's being held hostage by these thieves. I sent about 5 emails to their support addy and not one response. I opend a support ticket and it said I'd get the ticket number and info via email and never got it so I can't even check the status of this ticket because I need that info. Of course there's no phone number anyhwere on the website to call.

BTW, the domain I regsitered is spca-racing.com

Anybody have any ideas what I should do?

I have the same experience last time.
I cannot manage my domainforwarding, emailforwarding, etc.
I just have been billed also for 24 dollars.
I use LCD since 2002 without any problems.
The emails and tickets keeps unanswered.
Of course they have no phone number.

Are the really crooks?

Since last week suddenly my website www.scorpiogym.com is not available.
I intend to manage my domainname elsewhere, but how can I do that when LCD keeps it locked???

Please help me.
jibbajabba
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i'm right, if it has been 60 days then you can transfer your domain to another registra, you must unlock the domain tho to do it.. if you don't have that option then you will have to contact your current registra to do it.

i used to use registerfly but they stopped accepting paypal so i had to transfer my domain to another registra called namecheap
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: