Error "No input file specified" when I Reinstalled

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chripher
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Error "No input file specified" when I Reinstalled Reply with quote

I got the error "No input file specified" when I reinstalled my server and upgraded to newest x1. I use php newest 4 and mysql newest 5 on windows 2003. I have followed the guides and tutorial but no luck this time.

Pls contact me via msn or icq

MSN:chripher@gmail.com

Thanks in advanced
Back to top View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Error "No input file specified" when I Reinsta Reply with quote

chripher,

When declaring PHP, have you set the Interpreter type (in Abyss Web Server) to be "PHP Style"?
DonQuichote
-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same situation. I am using the PHP5.2 installer from your site, MySQL 4.1.13, and Windows 98 SE. This is my history:

I started with the above MySQL version, PHP5.0 and Personal Webserver, which is on the Windows 98 installation CD. However, this server does not handle redirects correctly, so I decided to use another webserver.

As configuring Apache mainly causes suicidal tendencies, I decided to try the abyss. All worked well: PHP ran and configuring the server is clear and easy. The only drawback was that I could not see any "compile time" error messages (like a forgotten semicolon at the end of a line in PHP). This would be good on a production server, but my machine is a "development machine" for personal use (building my own homepage and sometimes working at home). I decided this unwanted behaviour could be part of PHP, so I decided to upgrade PHP.

That was where hell broke loose. The installer (from the PHP site itself) totally ignored my preferred directory AND my existing installation. After a lot of troubles, I seemed to get everything configured, but the server would hang. I heared a "ping" sound when requesting a localhost PHP page, but no popup window could be seen anywhere and there was nothing in the log. I tried both the php-cgi.exe and the php5isapi.dll, both with logging parameters set. php-cgi could be made to work without showing error messages, the isapi dll just sounded like giving an error message.

So I tried the PHP installer from your site. All seemed to go well, I set the server to using the php-cgi.exe program, set the php extension to be used for it, set the type to "PHP style" and restarted the server more than once. Both a PHPRC system variable and an environment variable PHPRC in the server configuration point to the directory containing PHP.ini. When running "php -v" from DOS, I see the version info and no error messages. But when I browse to a page containing a phpinfo() call, I get a "No input file specified." message in the browser (Firefox 1.5). No error message appears in the CGI log, but the request appears in the access log.

Best reards and have a nice christmas!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonQuichote wrote:
So I tried the PHP installer from your site. All seemed to go well, I set the server to using the php-cgi.exe program, set the php extension to be used for it, set the type to "PHP style" and restarted the server more than once. Both a PHPRC system variable and an environment variable PHPRC in the server configuration point to the directory containing PHP.ini. When running "php -v" from DOS, I see the version info and no error messages. But when I browse to a page containing a phpinfo() call, I get a "No input file specified." message in the browser (Firefox 1.5). No error message appears in the CGI log, but the request appears in the access log.

In http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/php5win.html there are no instructions about adding a PHPRC variable. Adding it may confuse PHP and point it to use a non existant php.ini file which at its turn will generate the "No input file specified." message.

Try starting with the php.ini which ships with our installer and modify it later. If you use your own php.ini, it may contain settings that tell PHP to look for files in other places (such as doc_root).
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
DonQuichote
-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingo! It seems that there was something in my PHP.INI file that was not right. Just renaming it caused the abyss to use the new one, which is good enough for now. I will try to set the original values back one by one and post which one causes trouble.

Best regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: