Php won't work in htdocs, only in cgi-bin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xpree
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:09 pm    Post subject: Php won't work in htdocs, only in cgi-bin Reply with quote

I saved this to hello.php:

<html>
<body>

<?php
printf('hello world');
?>

</body>
</html>

And went to run it from http://127.0.0.1/hello.php (note that http://127.0.0.1/index.html works fine). However, the hello.php came up with a blank page. Nothing.

If I move the hello.php file to cgi-bin, then go to http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/hello.php then it works fine.

I have the path to PHP set in the CGI configurations, along with php php3 and phphtml extensions. I also have perl set up for cgi and pl and it works fine. CGI-BIN is set to the right thing. My CGI files work fine.

I want to run php files from anywhere within the htdocs folder, but NOT be able to run CGI files from htdocs - only run CGI files from the cgi-bin. Is this possible with this server and how?

Using:

Abyss 1.1.6
Php 4.3.2
Windows 98SE
MS Internet Explorer 6.x

Any help is appreciated.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to your abyss console and put a path to where you want to run your php scripts , if its in your htdocs folder put a / in the cgi paths table. That should fix your problem. 8)
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what will happen if there's a cgi script in the htdocs folder? It'll execute, more then likely. I don't want that. :( Well, I decided to go with Apache web server. More secure and I have better control over everything.
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you going with Apache , their server is crap, what ever you think is right for you , abyss is better and thats all im going to say. :idea: :roll: 8)

Last edited by os17fan on Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just installed the win32 version of Apache web server and it took me forever trying to figure out how to use it and how do you know if Apache is even secure if its so hard to setup , I tried setting up Apache just to test it out and there for I proved that Apache web server sucks. So their you have it we all know which server is the best.

ABYSS WEB SERVER ! :idea:
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever. I had it going in minutes, and started learning the PHP thing right away. I wouldn't call "apache" crap. It's just another server and I found that it's easier for me, does what I wanted/needed.

cya,
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abyss won't execute other CGI in the htdocs folder if you don't configure it to do so.
datwig
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goto the console and goto Server Configuration > Advanced > CGI Parameters. Click the "Add..." In the CGI Paths section. In the CGI path feild type "/" and click OK. restart the server and you should be able to use PHP anywhere in htdocs
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to tell him/her the same thing but she/he did not listen to me and want to use Apache now , :roll:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: