Are Master Pages supported?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul123
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Are Master Pages supported? Reply with quote

I have created a master page but the page just displays the source opposed to the actual page (see Quoted). I know the master page is correct because it displays correctly under IIS.

Any help appreciated.
Paul123

Quote:
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
<head runat="server">
<title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<body>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<div>

</div>
</form>
</body>
</html>
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Paul123
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Sorted! Reply with quote

Doh! I didn't set the virtual path in ASP.NET parameters!

I am now getting another error though, well two actually. One of my content pages, within the master page contains AJAX, The page contains an UpdatePanel which updates every five seconds from an event being fired (the event queries SQL server to retrieve some data, 'server-side') . However when I view the AJAX enabled page (with Abyss running as the Web Server) the event doesn't fire. In order to try and debug the issue, I have since added a button to the page to manually kick the event of. The button does start the event but as soon as it fires I get the following error (see Quote). I can also get the error to occur in IIS. To get it to error in IIS I need to actually stop IIS from running (as I'm viewing the page at the same time), as you can see this makes total sense. Basically the AJAX (Javascript) is running but can't do the partial page refresh as it's unable to interact with the web server (i.e a client-side script calling a server-side update), because the server is off. So I guess Abyss is somehow stopping the partial page update from running. Any Ideas??

Quote:
Sys.Webforms.PageRequestManagerServerException
Paul123
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Sorted2! Reply with quote

For anbodies info, I have resolved the issue. There are some 'diffrerences' between IIS / Abyss interaction of AJAX. I ultimately had to disable EventValidation on the form, i.e. EnableEventValidation="true". Not the ideal situation BUT it did resolve my issue. Not only did it resolve the issue but the AJAX now fires every 5 seconds, without any manual intervention.

For further reading http://forums.asp.net/p/1069384/1555817.aspx
The guy seems to think this may be a bug, but remember, I'm not getting this issue when I run the AJAX enabled page under IIS, just when running when under Abyss!
Anyhow, it may help you should you get the same issue.

Cheers
Paul123
Paul123
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should read EnableEventValidation="false"

Paul123
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul123,

Thank you for the feedback. Can you please send us your ASP.NET application so that we can test it and check if we can improve things when it comes to asynchronous events support.
susanspy
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello all, i have completed .net but i can not post in the content holder when i add smething there it does get dislay on the website what might be the problem.

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!
malalation
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EnbleEventValidation wasn't there at all in my AJAX page, after reading your thread I added it and set it to false and it worked fine on Abyss web server.

But I really don't think this is the solution, because the original page was working fine on asp.net development server.

Thanx for the workaround ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> ASP.NET All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: