Beta 1 is ready for tests

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Aprelium Forum Index -> 2.16 Beta [Closed]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject: Beta 1 is ready for tests Reply with quote

Hello,

We're very happy to announce today the release of the first Beta of the upcoming Abyss Web Server version 2.16.

The new version features HTTP/2 support as its major addition. The macOS edition ships also as a Universal 2 binary with native M1-chips support.

The detailed list of changes and new features is listed below.

DISCLAIMER:

Despite having been battle-tested on real workloads during weeks, this Beta release should be considered not suitable for production environments. Use it only for test purposes. Do not distribute it. This is not the final product and it may be unstable or contain bugs.

GETTING THE NEW BETA:

Please do not use this test release if you are not familiar with Abyss Web Server.

Installation and upgrading instructions are exactly the same as those already in https://aprelium.com/abyssws/download.php .

NOTE TO X2 USERS:

Beta 1 is available upon request for X2 customers. Please contact our priority technical support to enable Beta access for your user account.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

When upgrading from a previous version, we recommend that you first make a backup copy of your old abyss.conf file.

The documentation shipping with the Beta is updated and documents the new additions.

This Beta release's internal version is 2.15.10/11. This is not a mistake. The final stable version will be numbered 2.16.

CHANGES AND NEW FEATURES:

• HTTP/2

• Enabled the HTTP/2 protocol by default for all HTTPS hosts: Any HTTPS or HTTP+HTTPS host you already have will immediately support HTTP/2 without any extra-configuration.
    • Added configuration options to control HTTP/2 support globally or per-host: HTTP/2 can be disabled and can be restricted to a certain group of virtual paths.
    • Added HTTP/2 specific CGI variables: HTTP2, H2_STREAM_ID, H2_STREAM_TAG

• Server Core

• Made HTTP headers processing more strict to avoid a large class of issue related with HTTP/2 to HTTP/1.1 downgrading in the reverse-proxy

• Windows specific changes

• Improved memory contention speed on Windows

• macOS specific changes

• Added native support for the recent ARM-based Macintosh computers (powered by M1 chips)
    • Fixed bug with the XPC component on macOS 10.11 and earlier

YOUR FEEDBACK IS IMPORTANT TO US:

We're eagerly waiting for any feedback from you. Please let us know how the new features worked for you.

If you're using macOS, please feel free to let us know what you think about the specific changes affecting that edition.

Please send us your bug reports and feedback to support@aprelium.com .

WE ARE HERE TO HELP:

If you experience any issue during the updating process or have any feedback, please feel free to contact support@aprelium.com.

THANK YOU!

Thank you for supporting Abyss Web Server.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com

Last edited by admin on Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:47 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
tfh
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool to see the HTTP/2 support :)
My license was changed to the beta-channel some time ago, but I didn't receive any notice (yet). Maybe something went wrong?

Thanks!

LOL.... I just noticed the time-stamp. I guess I am a bit impatiant. LOL!

Last edited by tfh on Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tfh wrote:
Cool to see the HTTP/2 support :)
My license was changed to the beta-channel some time ago, but I didn't receive any notice (yet). Maybe something went wrong?

Thanks!

The emails are being sent right now.

By the way, we have not yet announced the new Beta on Twitter. You've caught us while we were preparing the launch. :)
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Aprelium Forum Index -> 2.16 Beta [Closed] All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: