Parsing SHTML for PHP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FredAt
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Parsing SHTML for PHP Reply with quote

I have been using Abyss as my localhost for all my site development. It is simple, easy to configure and lightweight. However, now I have run into a problem - I need to embed some PHP in my SHTML files (which have many SSI directives) and make sure that the PHP is run through the interpreter on the server. Merely configuring Abysss to treat SHTML files as PHP scripts has not worked - that blocks SSI directive processing and makes a complete mess of all my pages. I do not have the Apache route of modifying .htaccess so I am not sure what else I can do. Perhaps there is a solution? If so I would be much obliged for any help.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
pkSML
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aprelium will have to chime in on this one. They made the parsing engine and order of processing.

My thoughts are that you could switch over to all-PHP. I used to use SSI, but PHP is much more powerful and supported on nearly every commercial web host. Is there anything you can do with SSI that you can't with PHP?

http://CodeBin.yi.org
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FredAt
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkSML wrote:
Aprelium will have to chime in on this one. They made the parsing engine and order of processing.

My thoughts are that you could switch over to all-PHP. I used to use SSI, but PHP is much more powerful and supported on nearly every commercial web host. Is there anything you can do with SSI that you can't with PHP?

I don't have the choice of simply switching from SSI to PHP for everything. Quite apart from the fact that I would have to redo nearly 500 documents there is the minor problem of loosing the Google page rank I have so carefully built up.

There is actually no issue when it comes to getting .shtml parsed for PHP code on Apache in the real world. The problem is merely on my local installation where I have been using Abyss thus far.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: