Error when trying to access any aspx files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeMorgan
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Error when trying to access any aspx files Reply with quote

The issue I'm trying to resolve is this issue...

Quote:

Access is denied.
Description: An error occurred while accessing the resources required to serve this request. The server may not be configured for access to the requested URL.

Error message 401.2.: Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration. Verify that you have permission to view this directory or page based on the credentials you supplied and the authentication methods enabled on the Web server. Contact the Web server's administrator for additional assistance.

Any ideas? All the searches I do on google return me to instructions on using IIS to resolve this, I'm obviously using Abyss and I'm on XP Home, so I do not have IIS.

I copied everything from
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\
to
C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\aspx

I get this error when trying to access http://localhost/aspx

when I put a .aspx file in the htdocs directory it just downloads it when I type in the link.

Can anybody suggest anything?

Thanks alot

--Joe
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium-beta
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Error when trying to access any aspx files Reply with quote

JoeMorgan,

Copying the files from the ASP.NET Windows directory is not the way to go (it does not even make sense).

Your error is not with IIS or Abyss Web Server. It is related to the configuration of your Web application. Check your the Web.config file of your ASP.NET application to know how it is configured doing control access. Chaning it will solve the problem (which is related to the ASP.NET application and configuration and not to the type of Web server it runs on).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> ASP.NET All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: