Internal Server Error on PHP load

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian McPherson
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Internal Server Error on PHP load Reply with quote

Hi,

I have installed the Aprelium Mac OS X PHP5 package under OSX and followed the tutorial to set up PHP support in the Default Host and another Host. I have uploaded the example PHP and HTML files, which should return a message of "correctly installed" when I load the PHP file in the browser.

Instead I get:

Error 500
Internal Server Error

So I tried loading the PHP and HTML files in the second Host and tried loading that. Same problem...

Any ideas anyone?

Ian
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: Internal Server Error on PHP load Reply with quote

Ian McPherson,

Error 500 is often a sign of a bad configuration of the PHP interpreter. Please double check the steps listed in http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/php.html (Mac OS X section).

Note that the PHP5 folder must be copied inside /Applications (and not in any other folder).

If the problem persists, please send your abyss.conf file to our technical support so that we can inspect it and suggest a solution.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Ian McPherson
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: Internal Server Error on PHP load Reply with quote

Hi,

admin wrote:
Error 500 is often a sign of a bad configuration of the PHP interpreter. Please double check the steps listed in http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/php.html (Mac OS X section). Note that the PHP5 folder must be copied inside /Applications (and not in any other folder). If the problem persists, please send your abyss.conf file to our technical support so that we can inspect it and suggest a solution.

The PHP Folder is in the same Applications Folder as Abyss at the hard disk root, and the PHP ".ini" file is unmodified. I will double-check the setup and try again. If the problem persists, I will email the file to you.

BTW, I got the same Error 500 on this Forum the first time I posted this thread. Which is why there were originally two entries. I pressed the Back button and re-submitted and got the normal phpBB "posted" message OK the second time...

I use seaMonkey.

Ian
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: Internal Server Error on PHP load Reply with quote

Ian McPherson,

Error 500 on this forum is caused by another problem: the server is sometimes very busy so new PHP requests could not start. We're upgrading to a better system to solve that issue.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Ian McPherson
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Error was a bad URL Reply with quote

Hi,

Apologies. The error was mine. I had the wrong directory for PHP in the dialog. Thanks for your help.

On another matter, how do I configure PHP to use my email server here for emails? Or do I have to use the mail function in PHP?

The php.ini file has these variables:

Quote:
[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = localhost
smtp_port = 25

; For Win32 only.
;sendmail_from = me@example.com

; For Unix only. You may supply arguments as well (default: "sendmail -t -i").
;sendmail_path =

; Force the addition of the specified parameters to be passed as extra parameters
; to the sendmail binary. These parameters will always replace the value of
; the 5th parameter to mail(), even in safe mode.
;mail.force_extra_parameters =

I'm no expert, but it looks like the Unix option is the only one I can use: usr/sbin/sendmail

Would this be correct?

Ian
Ian McPherson
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Error was a bad URL Reply with quote

Hi,

Apologies. The error was mine. I had the wrong directory for PHP in the dialog. Thanks for your help.

On another matter, how do I configure PHP to use my email server here for emails? Or do I have to use the mail function in PHP?

The php.ini file has these variables:

Quote:
[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = localhost
smtp_port = 25

; For Win32 only.
;sendmail_from = me@example.com

; For Unix only. You may supply arguments as well (default: "sendmail -t -i").
;sendmail_path =

; Force the addition of the specified parameters to be passed as extra parameters
; to the sendmail binary. These parameters will always replace the value of
; the 5th parameter to mail(), even in safe mode.
;mail.force_extra_parameters =

I'm no expert, but it looks like the Unix option is the only one I can use: usr/sbin/sendmail

Would this be correct?

Ian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: