Biggest Newbe ? Probaly

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrPepperDrinker
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:41 am    Post subject: Biggest Newbe ? Probaly Reply with quote

Ok i am really new to this program. I have been sreaching for a program to make my computer a web server. so i dont have to pay to have my site availbe to everyone that wants to look at it. Does this program do that. does it let me make my own h**p://www.thisiswheremywebsitenamewouldbeifihadoneyet.com type of thing. just would like to know if i can if you understand what i wrote because of my babbling. :?:
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can host your own server. No, it will not give you a domain name.
WhiteDevil
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Biggest Newbe ? Probaly Reply with quote

DrPepperDrinker wrote:
h**p://www.thisiswheremywebsitenamewouldbeifihadoneyet.com

would have to add that to my favourites because no way would i type that out each time :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:54 am    Post subject: newbie Reply with quote

If you want an address to poit to your server search for dyndns

eNkO
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Biggest Newbe ? Probaly Reply with quote

DrPepperDrinker wrote:
Ok i am really new to this program. I have been sreaching for a program to make my computer a web server. so i dont have to pay to have my site availbe to everyone that wants to look at it. Does this program do that. does it let me make my own h**p://www.thisiswheremywebsitenamewouldbeifihadoneyet.com type of thing. just would like to know if i can if you understand what i wrote because of my babbling. :?:

Yes, it can host your web site. But the domain name is not a software thing and you should either buy it from a domain registrar or get a free one looking like mysite.somecompany.com where somecompanu.com is a free domain provider. Read our FAQ (http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/faq.html) for more information on getting a domain name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: