arg! error 200 back again

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLy CaT
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 1:10 am    Post subject: arg! error 200 back again Reply with quote

is it possible for someone to send a good php.ini file for me? one thats kinda been configured well for abyss? i'm getting annoyed cuz a lot of scripts dont work well with it... (iB and other scripts)

i've tried the original php.ini-recommended and php.ini-dist file from the php zip... still no luck. any help?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The php.ini-recommended is for the guy/girl beyond novice php and the php.ini-dist is for development purposes getting the newbie ready for php configuration supposedly...

My Suggestion is go with the php.ini-dist and change only one attribute within it. Change register_globals = off to register_globals = on.

That one property effects a lot of scripts into returning an error 200. Use notepad or a text editor to open the php.ini file and edit it. Good luck :)
SLy CaT
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im a guy :evil: lol

i seem to still get error 200. do you think any other of the stuff might affects this? because if it could, i might try going through all of the settings, changing them one by one. just another question... will i have to restart the server if i change the php.ini settings?

edit:hmmm.. now its the opposite. now the scripts that had error 200 (download antileech and fusion news) dont have error 200, and now my iB forum has it... when i first installed invisionBoard, it didnt have error 200 :? wierd
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would advise you now backup your php.ini file.

This really shouldn't effect anything but its worth a try. Within your php root directory where the php.ini resides, create a new folder called tmp. Now within your php.ini settings change the vale of "session.save_path =" to session.save_path = tmp

Its worth a try.
SLy CaT
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried that, still error 200. i had that setting configured anyway ;) any other ideas? i've even tried using installing a fresh abyss and php... i seriously think its sumthin to do with the php.ini file :evil: :evil: evil file!
SLy CaT
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

um, repeating a question i asked earlier, do you have to restart the server to like update the php.ini file if i changed it?
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe you have to restart Abyss when configuring the php.ini file. I've configured the php.ini file plenty of times without having to restart the server. Some setups are different than mines though and so best bet is if you don't notice your changes take place a restart doesn't hurt. Good luck :)
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLy CaT wrote:
um, repeating a question i asked earlier, do you have to restart the server to like update the php.ini file if i changed it?

No, just update your php.ini file and browse an URL where there is a php script. You'll notice that PHP gets the modifications immediatly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: