Perl Script

View previous topic :: View next topic  
webzn
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Perl Script Reply with quote

I have a script that works fine on another server but when I try to use it here, I get this messgae from Abyss:

Abyss Web Sever
Error 200

What does it mean. Oh, ps, It calls the script through ssi. and I use the latest version of abyss
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Vader_
-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Perl Script Reply with quote

webzn wrote:
I have a script that works fine on another server but when I try to use it here, I get this messgae from Abyss:

Abyss Web Sever
Error 200

What does it mean. Oh, ps, It calls the script through ssi. and I use the latest version of abyss

I am not 100% sure but since the 200 error means everything is OK, i guess the problem is when the browser calls the script.
Make sure you have used SSI correctly and that the browser (and server) sends the HTTP referer correctly...
I could say more if i had a link to the script running under both servers... :wink:
-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried another counter now with the ssi includes and it displayes the same results
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Perl Script Reply with quote

webzn wrote:

Abyss Web Sever
Error 200

Please copy/paste the SSI page code here and give us a link on the counter script so that we can tell you what's wrong.
webzn
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The script is located at: http://www.stanback.net/index.php?page=Programming/BSCounter

and I used
Code:
<!--#include virtual="counter.cgi"-->
to access it. I used the correct path as well
Vader_
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:07 am    Post subject: RE: Perl Script... Reply with quote

Although all seems fine to me, try using this directive for SSI:

<!--#exec cgi="counter.cgi"-->

Also, make sure the scripts dir resides in a lower level than the page. That's because in some servers (including Abyss) a directive like this one:

<!--#exec cgi="../cgi/somescript.cgi"-->
tends to produce an error message.
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

webzn wrote:
The script is located at: http://www.stanback.net/index.php?page=Programming/BSCounter

and I used
Code:
<!--#include virtual="counter.cgi"-->
to access it. I used the correct path as well

As any script, that one needs to be edited and some of its parameters must be changed. We tested it and we noticed that you should change the value of the variables $data_dir and $my_ip in all .cgi files. Without doing that, you get the error.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Perl All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: