Directory listing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flux
-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Directory listing Reply with quote

Is there a simple way to create a directory list that can be put into a page (i.e. not provided by abyss, because that can't be put in another page)?

I've tried searching around, but I can't find any good sample scripts to tweak to my liking (because that is majorly how I script thus far :wink: )

I think phpBB forums hates my laptop '.';
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Directory listing Reply with quote

Flux wrote:
Is there a simple way to create a directory list that can be put into a page (i.e. not provided by abyss, because that can't be put in another page)?

I've tried searching around, but I can't find any good sample scripts to tweak to my liking (because that is majorly how I script thus far :wink: )

Why do you mean by a directory listing "that can be put on a page"?
Flux
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a good directory example...right after I posted, of course.

But now I'm having problems adapting it to a thumbnail script made by some guy Philipos Sak....something..

Anyway, help? I'm trying to adapt it so that it adds a query string to the url, which in turn causes the thumbnail display to change to the directory as specified by the query string. And it started giving me irrelevant errors as it likes to every now and then...( } expected, ; expected, right where they already are)

Code:
<script runat="server">
    string path;
    protected void Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
      class directoryinfo : mydirinfo;
      myDirInfo = DirectoryInfo(Server.MapPath(path));
      dgFileList.DataSource = myDirInfo.GetDirectories();
      dgFileList.DataBind();

txtPath.Text = path;
      ThumbList1.VPath=txtPath.Text; //where thumblist1 is the thumblist i talked about above
    } //page_load
    }
</script>

Then the html
Code:

<asp:HyperLinkColumn DataNavigateUrlField="Name" DataNavigateUrlFormatString="/ThumbBrent.aspx?path=/upload/pics/Brent/{0}" DataTextField="Name" HeaderText="File Name:" />

There's html and body tags and other things on the page, but this is the only part of it relevant to my problem. The rest works fine without what's posted here.

(If you still want to see the whole code I made a text file out of it here:
http://archietherius.servehttp.com/ThumbBrent.txt)

aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flux wrote:
Anyway, help? I'm trying to adapt it so that it adds a query string to the url, which in turn causes the thumbnail display to change to the directory as specified by the query string. And it started giving me irrelevant errors as it likes to every now and then...( } expected, ; expected, right where they already are)

The error is not irrelevant: in the code you quoted there is an extra } at the end.
Flux
-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it is, because my quote happened to include that, but I find no trace of brackets left open, or one to a few too many closing brackets, despite the continued errors.

aprelium
-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flux wrote:
Actually, it is, because my quote happened to include that, but I find no trace of brackets left open, or one to a few too many closing brackets, despite the continued errors.

Without your full project files, we can't help too much. If posible send them to support@aprelium.com and do not forget to add a reference to this forum post and the full list of errors you get.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> ASP.NET All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: