GO AWAY HACKER! Go away!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hc2995
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: GO AWAY HACKER! Go away! Reply with quote

I run hosting and such on y site so i have an FTP server well every once in a while ill see this:

Of course he/she mever gets in, primarally as i do not have an account named "administrator"

Wish i could put a stop to this once and fer all (put the DoS protection and have banned them many many times (15 to be exact) but they keep coming back!)
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore it. I get it all the time. As long as that user account doesnt exist its not doing any harm. Itll never get in. Is it from the IP 211.234.125.17 by any chance?
hc2995
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill check lol (i get them from tons of IP addresses)

Heres whos on my banned list (there perminant)

-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: That's quite a list of IPs Reply with quote

Is there a way to import these IPs into Abyss, type them all in or do I have to config my firewall for them and type them all in.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
cmxflash
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why even care? Those are most likly automated requests made by some botnet searching after vurnable servers.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
hc2995
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmxflash wrote:
Why even care? Those are most likly automated requests made by some botnet searching after vurnable servers.

yep thankfully cerberus give then the DENIED label.
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with anymous tor, and dynamic ip's , you could be block a legitimate ip adress, cause most of the time ip's are used by more than one person. e.g. aol.
hc2995
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i run hosting, so if one of my clients has the problem i will get there IP and unblock it for them :D
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmxflash wrote:

Hmmm... I'm dreaming of Yahoo, Google and all those other very popular websites putting up a sign on their front page that says something like "Your machine appears to be part of a botnet according to our database! Please clean it and exercise safe computing practices!" - whenever a known compromised machine uses their website.

http://home.loloyd.com/ is online if the logo graphic at left is showing.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
megamoose
-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you can do is keep on banning them. It's annoying but aslong as they don't actually ever gain access to yuor system there's no problem ;) Except maybe for bandwidth problems.

Mark

Join this forum. Go on and have a laugh, I dare you to join
hc2995
-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

megamoose wrote:
All you can do is keep on banning them. It's annoying but aslong as they don't actually ever gain access to yuor system there's no problem ;) Except maybe for bandwidth problems.

Mark

Turns out comcast got pissed about me running an FTP server so they closed all but 2 ports (80 and 6667) for incoming traffic :/
-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hc2995 wrote:
Turns out comcast got pissed about me running an FTP server so they closed all but 2 ports (80 and 6667) for incoming traffic :/

Ouch. That sucks. :\

You should call Comcast and tell them that you have a console game with online capability that doesn't work anymore because they blocked all the ports. Many online console games (for example, NFS:Underground) require that you forward ports to your console's ethernet adapter in order for the console to communicate correctly on the given network, be it EA, XBox Live, or the like.

Also, in relation to the topic, I've received login attempts on my own FTP server. Again, they never work because there isn't an 'administrator' account on my server. A few of the login attempts were made with 'administrator' misspelled. For example, one such attempt submitted the username 'adminitraots'. I found this kind of funny, actually. :)

Last edited by Riax on Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
hc2995
-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hc2995 wrote:

Riax wrote:
Ouch. That sucks. :\

You should call Comcast and tell them that you have a console game with online capability that doesn't work anymore because they blocked all the ports. Many online console games (for example, NFS:Underground) require that you forward ports to your console's ethernet adapter in order for the console to communicate correctly on the given network, be it EA, XBox Live, or the like.

Sounds like a good idea :D
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: FTP serverf Reply with quote

what types of FTP servers are you guys running?

just want to get a good idea on what is out there.
hc2995
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cerberus FTP or FileZilla

http://www.cerberusftp.com
http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: