admin@localhost no password?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hamzie
-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: admin@localhost no password? Reply with quote

Im having trouble securing my phpmyadmin. I created some database named cp, ragnarok and put PRIVILEGES to both and i have set password to secure them. I was hacked recently so i checked any possible username to enter phpmyadmin. Cp, ragnarok, and root username are all secured now with different password. When i use admin as username w/o password i can enter phpmyadmin page, though the created databases like cp and ragnarok are not visible/accesible.

Question now is
1)Is this normal
2)Is there a way to add password to admin@localhost, so it wont be accesible?

One more thing, I have changed the root password though phpmyadmin privileges, but when i checked my config.inc.php, the password written there is still the old password.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Tim1681
-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For you're question about putting a password on admin@localhost, of course you can. Just go into the privileges area in PHPMyAdmin, click on the little 'Edit' button next to the 'admin' account, and scroll down to the area where you can select either 'No Password' or 'Password'

Also check over all the privileges for admin@localhost to make sure you have that account's settings correctly set so you can view the databases you are refering to.

Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: