http://19x.xxx.x.xxx ? - urgent

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiefguest
-

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: http://19x.xxx.x.xxx ? - urgent Reply with quote

Hi,

Its very urgent. Please help me.

I have installed webserver and when i try http://localhost or http://19x.xxx.x.xxx its working fine.

But the problem is that when my friend try http://19x.xxx.x.xxx he is not able to see anything.

I have wireless router in which i have passed this same port:xx which is in webserver configuration panel.

Connection is Adsl and have static IP.

Why am i not able to view the site when tried from other computers.

PS: i am on webserver 1 and if this is only for local testing how can i know whether webserver 2 works fine for me with my ISP connection [before buying]

Regards.
Please help me out.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

19x.xx.xx.xx is your LAN IP viewable only inside your local area network. You need to find your WAN/Internet IP. www.abyssunderground.co.uk/ip will show you it.

Remember you will need to port forward your router if you have one to allow incoming traffic. Use the LAN IP you just mentioned when activating port forwarding. www.portforward.com should help you on how to port forward on your router.

EDIT: If you can get X1 working, X2 will work also.
chiefguest
-

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply.

I read portforward.com site but cant afford it as i am looking to buy webserver 2 if i see this 1 working.

I have asked my friends to check my ips
few got some error messages and few others got different messages.

Quote:
Sorry, no information is available for the URL 1xx.1xx.x.xxx

If the URL is valid, try visiting that web page by clicking on the following link: 1xx.1xx.x.xxx
Find web pages from the site 1xx.1xx.x.xxx
Find web pages that contain the term "1xx.1xx.x.xxx"

Quote:
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

I have set the ip [tried two ips] in wireless router

"Remote Management"
Quote:
The remote management function allows you to designate a host in the Internet to have management/configuration access to the Broadband router from a remote site. Enter the designated host IP Address in the Host IP Address field.

Please someone help me..
I am desparate. I bought few sites and now wasting 1k+ hits/day..

Thanks in Advance.

Regards.
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

portforward.com does not cost to use. I suggest you read up on how to run a web server before you continue.

Read http://www.dslwebserver.com/
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefguest,

Portforward.com offers information for free. There is nothing to pay for.

We suggest reading http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=42507#42507 for more information about how to make your site accessible from the Internet.
chiefguest
-

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using a compusa router [sku: 333628].

I understood that IP:192.xxx.x.xxx is for internal testing purpose or its for internal usage. IP 5x.xxx.xxx.xxx is my server provider IP which has been given to me as a static IP.

this is the routers website address http://fmi.compusa.com/

In router i have an option which i have discussed earlier. I have set this 5x ip in it as host

I also use zone alarm security suit.

Please someone help me with the configuration.

PS: i could not see any step by step process to fix the port forwarding in portforward.com

Thanks in Advance.

Regards.
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'Remote Management' option simply allows users outside your LAN to access the management console of the router, it has nothing to do with hosting a webserver.

You should be looking for "Port Forwarding" or "Virtual Server" settings, as discussed in the topic you were pointed to. Strangely enough, it looks like your router has both - see the manual at http://fmi.compusa.com/attach/808485c1-b303-4288-9fcf-a93fd37775a6.doc if you don't already have it. Pages 37 through 40 explain it perfectly.

Use the virtual server settings. Tick the box to "Enable Virtual Servers".
Set the Private IP to the LAN IP of the PC running Abyss. Set the Port to 80. Set the public port to 80. No need for a comment. Apply, save, reboot if necessary and you're done.

Note that if your router doesn't support loopback, you will not be able to access your own site via the public IP - you will have to ask someone to test the setup for you or use a proxy to test your site is accessible. Search the forum for "loopback" for more details.

If you set your settings correctly as described above and your site is still inaccessible, your ISP probably blocks port 80 inbound to customers.

"Invent an idiot proof webserver and they'll invent a better idiot..."
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you set your settings correctly as described above and your site is still inaccessible, your ISP probably blocks port 80 inbound to customers.

If that happens you will need to change to another random port and make the changes in Abyss and in your routers port forwarding settings.
chiefguest
-

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you guys for the help

By the time i checked this help i was able to figure out the issue. :)

I wanted to make sure few things before i launch my site using abyss server.

I have set TCP+UDP in "Virtual Server" option, is that OK.
Secondly, I have only activated Virtual Server option and the site is up. Is that all i need to worry or do i have to check for loopback thing.
Third, Is it possible for to have Private DNS [ns1.mydomainname.com] i know we can set it at registrar level but is there anything that i need to fix at server level.

Also let me know what are the security precausions that i need to fix.

Thank you so much everyone.

REgards.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefguest wrote:
Secondly, I have only activated Virtual Server option and the site is up. Is that all i need to worry or do i have to check for loopback thing.

If loopback is impossible on your router, that's not a big problem. You can use the workaround suggested in http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=52210#52210 (start reading from "Now to see if it works" for the part that should interest you).

Quote:
Third, Is it possible for to have Private DNS [ns1.mydomainname.com] i know we can set it at registrar level but is there anything that i need to fix at server level.

It is possible to run a name server on your computer: http://www.dns.net/dnsrd/servers/windows.html .

Quote:
Also let me know what are the security precausions that i need to fix.

All depends on your web site architecture and the scripts you are going to use. Abyss Web Server enforces several checks to not allow access to files that are not explicity declared by you as available for web serving.
chiefguest
-

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: strange Reply with quote

why is that i am unable to open any site except this forum and my configured IP [using abyss server for my site].

I am get "page cannot be displayed" message to all sites, which ever i am trying, i tried all sites that i know around 50 sites but none opening except this forum and aprelium site + the IP i configured.

How could this be possible.
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: strange Reply with quote

chiefguest wrote:
why is that i am unable to open any site except this forum and my configured IP [using abyss server for my site].

I am get "page cannot be displayed" message to all sites, which ever i am trying, i tried all sites that i know around 50 sites but none opening except this forum and aprelium site + the IP i configured.

How could this be possible.

Be sure your ISP isnt having network troubles. Does google work? Try your ISP's website (although that will be inside their network). Try my site.

Its probably just a network problem but try switching off abyss and see if things return to normal.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: strange Reply with quote

chiefguest,

Abyss has nothing to do with incoming traffic (content available on other web sites). What you describe looks like a DNS problem on your side or on your ISP's.
chiefguest
-

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@aprelium

I guess you are correct.
But that day it was real strange thing for me.

Anyway back to normal now.

I have installed php, mysql & phpmyadmin

php is working fine but when i try to open phpmyadmin i get this error

#1251 - Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

Please help me

Thanks in Advance.
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefguest wrote:
@aprelium

I guess you are correct.
But that day it was real strange thing for me.

Anyway back to normal now.

I have installed php, mysql & phpmyadmin

php is working fine but when i try to open phpmyadmin i get this error

#1251 - Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

Please help me

Thanks in Advance.

Forum rules:

1. Before making a post, use the forum search feature. Put in keywords related to your problem. If you get too few results try to narrow down your keywords. If you get too many try to make them more specific.

I suggest you do that. Its been answered a lot of times before.
chiefguest
-

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Forum rules:

1. Before making a post, use the forum search feature. Put in keywords related to your problem. If you get too few results try to narrow down your keywords. If you get too many try to make them more specific.

I suggest you do that. Its been answered a lot of times before.

Thank you for the information.

Well i tried all that and i understood that many others are facing the problem. I could not find the solution for the problem and that is the reason i put this up here, may be its off topic when compared to the section.

After adding the port 33xx at the end of the line [path to phpmyadmin in config.inc.php], it worked but i again got this error

Quote:
phpMyAdmin was unable to read your configuration file!
This might happen if PHP finds a parse error in it or PHP cannot find the file.
Please call the configuration file directly using the link below and read the PHP error message(s) that you receive. In most cases a quote or a semicolon is missing somewhere.
If you receive a blank page, everything is fine.

./config.inc.php

Can anyone help me with this.

Sorry for posting this offtopic here.

Quote:
About enabling www.mydomain.com with my server

I have edited my domain's A record as per instructed in godaddy interface and i set www replacing @

This was done 12 hrs back and still i cannot see the domain working. Is there anything else i should setup.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards.
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It usually takes 24 hours for these things to reach completion. Is it working now chiefguest?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it can take up to 72 hours for DNS changes to become active; most are usually very quick however.
Tom Chapman
-

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must have done something wrong. :o
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrWiseOne wrote:

Assuming you were referring to The Inquisitor, then although there's no preset timing, I've found that changes can take up to a week to propagate, although for most people it's considerably faster.

chiefguest: Your website appears to be online.

Also, check config.inc.php for syntax errors, that's most likely what's wrong if the file exists.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonkeyNation wrote:
MrWiseOne wrote:

Assuming you were referring to The Inquisitor, then although there's no preset timing, I've found that changes can take up to a week to propagate, although for most people it's considerably faster.

chiefguest: Your website appears to be online.

Also, check config.inc.php for syntax errors, that's most likely what's wrong if the file exists.

No chiefguest.

He has specified an address?
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I quickly skimmed and checked http://fmi.compusa.com, assuming it was his site.
It does look a lot like a personal website however, which says it all for the manufacturer.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonkeyNation wrote:
Heh, I quickly skimmed and checked http://fmi.compusa.com, assuming it was his site.
It does look a lot like a personal website however, which says it all for the manufacturer.

http://www.compusa.com/

Hmm certainly does ...
chiefguest
-

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its working!

i am unable to install this zpanel as it says "error check db details" where as my db settings are fine.

also i have settled one domain to this server to check its compatible and working style before buying v2.3

i see that in mysql or phpmyadmin autoincrement is not happening [can anyone has an idea about this].

Regards.
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your database details are fine, make sure that (Assuming you created a new user for it.) the user has access to the database.

Also, in MySQL, a primary key can be assigned the auto_increment attribute, which will only do anything if you give it no value for the primary key on an insert or replace query, or if the value you give it is allready taken.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: