web page with no log in password

View previous topic :: View next topic  
3dogs
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: web page with no log in password Reply with quote

I want to have some pages that can be accessed only with a password and others that are open to anyone who knows my site address. So far, I have only been able to open sites up to the internet that require a password. How do I set up a site that requires no password in the same root as my password protected sites? thanks.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Tim1681
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put a folder in your root directory, and password protect that folder. Put all the files that you want to be protected into that folder. And keep the files that you dont want protected in your root directory.

Just make sure you link to that folder when you make your links

For Example, if you were going to make a link in HTML to that folder, you would do:
Code:
<a href="./protected_folder/filename">bla bla</a>

Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
3dogs
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: thanks, but Reply with quote

I want to keep root password protected and have the open folder be a subset of that. Can I have the following.

C is my root and remains password protected. I have a folder called photos at C:/www/photos. I want photos to be accessed with no password.

Any help? thanks.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Tim1681
-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: thanks, but Reply with quote

3dogs wrote:
I want to keep root password protected and have the open folder be a subset of that. Can I have the following.

C is my root and remains password protected. I have a folder called photos at C:/www/photos. I want photos to be accessed with no password.

Any help? thanks.

There is no way for you to Password Protect a folder and then have sub-folders that are not protected, atleast from what i have experienced. Are you trying to Password Protect your C: Drive? Because if you are, you can set the C:\www\ As your Root Directory and then set your C: as an Alias (http://127.0.0.1/C/) and password protect it that way.

abyssisthebest
-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you put a ? for the protected paths?

In directory listing this denies the root but not the subfolders, i dont know if it would work.
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aprelium? :)

aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: thanks, but Reply with quote

3dogs wrote:

Any help? thanks.

This is almost impossible in the current versions of Abyss Web Server. So we recommend that you change your directories structure to have the photos and the rest of the protected files each in its directory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: