Can someone test this for me?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
equinox_black
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Can someone test this for me? Reply with quote

http://dungeonmasteronline.game-host.org/ if someone could test this and tell me if you can reach my site, that would be great. I really have no way to test it.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Can someone test this for me? Reply with quote

equinox_black wrote:
http://dungeonmasteronline.game-host.org/ if someone could test this and tell me if you can reach my site, that would be great. I really have no way to test it.

No. 'Timed out'.

Theres like 100 threads beneath this with advice on troubleshooting, cant be arsed to copy & paste it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've read all of them, even posted in the sticky, but no one has taken the time to respond.
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

equinox_black wrote:
i've read all of them, even posted in the sticky, but no one has taken the time to respond.

Probably cause its been ansered before somewhere, but whatever.

Firewall stopping incomming connections.
    No port forwarding if connecting through LAN.
    ISP blocking port 80

Tell me what you have done, im cranky today.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably cause its been ansered before somewhere, but whatever.

Firewall stopping incomming connections.
No port forwarding if connecting through LAN.
ISP blocking port 80

Tell me what you have done, im cranky today.

no firewall on the cpu.
port forwarding set up on the modem should byass incoming firewall on the modem (turned off the firewall on the modem and that didnt help)
Port 80 is open on isp, or so they say.
equinox_black
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah i forgot.... i have my ip set up with dynamic dns to forward for me, my internal ip stays the same, but my proxy changes... so i set up this software that they have that updates your ip when it changes..(doesnt happen often since i never turn off my dsl modem) i thought that might be the problem, but when i try to use the external ip... 141.151.200.81 it doesnt work either. i would asumme that when you try to access 141.151.200.81 its trying to access my modem. since i can access my site internaly (localhost works perfectly) that its either in the modem's fire wall which i have turned off, or in the forwarding... which looks like this.

Service Details
Service Name *Port Forwarding
Type Port Forwarding

Port 1
Protocol: TCP
Global Port(s): 1-9999
Base Host Port: 80
Host: 192.168.1.43

the firewall config is set to none, and there is a side note that inbound traffic may be controled by configuring port forwarding.
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

equinox_black wrote:
oh yeah i forgot.... i have my ip set up with dynamic dns to forward for me, my internal ip stays the same, but my proxy changes... so i set up this software that they have that updates your ip when it changes..(doesnt happen often since i never turn off my dsl modem) i thought that might be the problem, but when i try to use the external ip... 141.151.200.81 it doesnt work either. i would asumme that when you try to access 141.151.200.81 its trying to access my modem. since i can access my site internaly (localhost works perfectly) that its either in the modem's fire wall which i have turned off, or in the forwarding... which looks like this.

Service Details
Service Name *Port Forwarding
Type Port Forwarding

Port 1
Global Port(s): 1-9999
Base Host Port: 80

the firewall config is set to none, and there is a side note that inbound traffic may be controled by configuring port forwarding.

Windows firewall? Zone Alarm?
From what it looks like, you've set up any incoming traffic (port 1 through 9999 anyway) to go to 192.168.1.43:80.
Tell me what you get if you type 192.168.1.43:80 in a browser.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no fire wall on my comp.... i tried changing the port.... looks like this now

Service Details
Service Name *Forward
Type Port Forwarding

Port 1
Global Port(s): 1-999
Base Host Port: 85

if i type http://192.168.1.43:85 i get my site and abyss records stats.
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different problem now.
'Ping request could not find host dungeonmasteronline.game-host.org. Please check the name and try again.'

This is a problem with your modem it seems, but without seeing it for myself I cant be of much help, cause I suck at that kind of stuff.
Ask TrustPUNK or The Inquisitor, they know a lot about that kind of stuff.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: