Login and passwords for a single directory

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cerq
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: Login and passwords for a single directory Reply with quote

Is there some why to have an open site (for anyone to enter and use),and have a dircetory that needs a user ID and they password.
Right now I've got a good uploader working but had to put then ( General-Text-Photos-Misc.
These all work, the user can uploda and then view the file or files and download then to their own hard drive.
Now I want to setup passwords. I've gone thur so many scripts and none will work with abyss.

Can you have an open area and closed area within Abyss ?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
max_carpenter
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes If you open the Abyss consol and click configure on the site you want (if you have more then one) Now click Users and Groups and make one user to start with for yourself. If you want to password protect more then one area and you want different people to access different areas then I would recommend using groups if not you don't have to use groups. Once done go ack to the main screen for that site and click Access control then click add. In the browse box select the directory you want to protect (I think you can password protect a file as well but I have not tried yet.) Once you have selected a place in the realm box type index.htm (I am not to sure what this is but it works if I put index.htm maybe use the type of files you use? index.php, .asp etc)

next select the users you want to allow and the users you want to bock. When finished click ok. You will be prompted to restart Abyss simply click it. Once restarted any access to that folder it will come up with a password prompt. You can add new users at any time in users and groups but also make sure you add the users to the allow list on the website, to edit anything you click the little pencil sign.

If you want to see an example I have password protected a directory on my site like this www.dogmad.co.uk/main however you only have friday to see this.

DHCD Computing
max@dhcd.co.uk
www.dhcd.co.uk
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Login and passwords for a single directory Reply with quote

cerq,

Do you need to update the login/passwords list dynamically?
cerq
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Login and passwords for a single directory Reply with quote

aprelium wrote:
cerq,

Yes and add in the the new users dir also.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Login and passwords for a single directory Reply with quote

cerq wrote:
aprelium wrote:
cerq,

Yes and add in the the new users dir also.

The Perl script we have sent to you a few weeks before does exactly what you need. If you have questions about it, please direct them to support@aprelium.com .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: