connection refused?? new issue on old server

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beamin1
-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: connection refused?? new issue on old server Reply with quote

Ok, so I have been using AWS for over a year now and love it but recently I have started having a seemingly random problem connecting outside of the LAN.

When trying to access my site I get a connection refused popup error in firefox, and a connot be displayed error in IE... whats really odd about it is that even tho I cant connect to the page, I CAN access the admin panel of AWS from outside the web. Which leads me to believe that it isnt a problem with my router or the PC itself.Its worth noting that its completely random as well, one minute everything works fine, then it doesnt, then 2 mins later it works fine again???? and as I said, even when its not working I can still access the admin panel of AWS from outside the LAN... and ideas anyone?

Also, I have noticed in that in task manager/processes, abyssws.exe is running twice and I dont know if that has always been the case or not???

Thanks in advance, Beamin1.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: connection refused?? new issue on old server Reply with quote

Beamin1,

Do you have antihacking enabled? What are the configuration parameters that you have set for antihacking.

The behavior you describe is similar to what happens when you are banned by antihacking because your "bad requests count before banning" is set too low.
moogle81
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sound like the windows service may be interfering with the actual program. The problem could be is that you may have abyss web server installed in two places (such as C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server and D:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server) and they both want to run at the same time. And you know that when two Abyss Web Servers are open it says 'Cannot listen to console port' therfore, making the website unaccessable but, the already opened console can be accessed. My recommedation would be to find the second installation, if any, and delete it. Or you need to get into the server window and click on Server > Startup Configuration and make sure 'Automatic startup on user logon' is checked. If you restart you computer and the same problem persists restore repeat the last step with the startup configuration and this time check 'Manual Startup', terminate all abyssws.exe's and restart your computer. When that is said and done, repeat the startup configuration step again and check 'Automatic startup on user logon'. And if that doesn't work than I'm sorry, I'm just 13 years old *Seriously*

Or, with the Anti-hacking like aprelium said, you may need to put your IP into the 'Do not monitor requests from' box.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: