Can't make alias work to use user made directory

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cerq
-

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Can't make alias work to use user made directory Reply with quote

I'm running a perl script to allow a user to add thier own directory into a user drive and upload files into thier dir.
All is good with that part of the uploading.
The problem is that when they go the view those files, they can't.
I must go into the ALIAS settings and add it to the list.
WAY TO MUCH WORK...
Is there a wild card or symbol that can be used so that any new directory that is added to my users drive will work...
Thanks for all the past help. This is the best help site that I've ever seen.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't make alias work to use user made directory Reply with quote

cerq,

All depends on your settings. But you can for example have a directory c:\dirusers where all users directories are created using your Perl script.

In Abyss Web Server all you have to create is an alias that maps the virtual path /user to C:\dirusers .

If you create a directory in C:\dirusers called jack, you can access it in Abyss using http://yoursite/user/jack .

If you want to update the abyss.conf file automatically, this is also possible. Contact support@aprelium.com and we'll send you a Perl script that shows how to do that programmatically.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: