ASP page cannot be found

View previous topic :: View next topic  
max_carpenter
-

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: ASP page cannot be found Reply with quote

Hi, I recently changed my windows to 64 bit edition and installed the server and everything works ok. Tried installing AHTML old version for free and set up the server and when I tried viewing pages it took forever trying then gave up with a blank page. So I tried installing the new version of AHTML (45 day trial) and now evertime I open a ASP page it comes up with page cannot be displayed.

Anyone understand this? Done like I did before. I am no good with ASP but need to use it!!!!

DHCD Computing
max@dhcd.co.uk
www.dhcd.co.uk
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some applicatiosn aren't compatible with 64 bit systems yet and probably never
will. Now if Abyss works and ActiveHTML doesn't , what does that tell you ? I don't
think ActiveHTML is supported on 64 bit systems , hope this info helps.

Post your ASP Settings from your Abyss console ?

Sincerely , TRUSTpunk
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
max_carpenter
-

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, was just wondering if anyone knew my problem. A bit of a pain, I cant use asp, flash and frontpage extensions I am not quite sure what to do at the moment considering I now suddenly have 37 days until the launch of the website. I dont' want to revert back to Xp pro 32 should of done more research before I got the operating system.

DHCD Computing
max@dhcd.co.uk
www.dhcd.co.uk
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

max_carpenter wrote:
thanks, was just wondering if anyone knew my problem. A bit of a pain, I cant use asp, flash and frontpage extensions I am not quite sure what to do at the moment considering I now suddenly have 37 days until the launch of the website. I dont' want to revert back to Xp pro 32 should of done more research before I got the operating system.

Get Linux, its free and could be what you need at short notice. I recommend Mandrakelinux for beginners.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried many linux systems I do have a few on disk but don't quite take my appeal yet. I am using Hyper OS on my laptop and I am installing all of the Windows and 2 or 3 of Linux so will try to get to know them better but being a windows person all my life even though its so bad and full of security loop holes I am finding it hard to change but I understand where you are coming from.

DHCD Computing
max@dhcd.co.uk
www.dhcd.co.uk
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

max_carpenter wrote:
tried many linux systems I do have a few on disk but don't quite take my appeal yet. I am using Hyper OS on my laptop and I am installing all of the Windows and 2 or 3 of Linux so will try to get to know them better but being a windows person all my life even though its so bad and full of security loop holes I am finding it hard to change but I understand where you are coming from.

I was thinking more of BBC Linux (Bootable Buisness Card) as you dont need to install it. If all you intend to do is code and run it on a test server, then this will work fine =)

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good point. But then when I want to run my webserver 24/7 how do I get round that?

DHCD Computing
max@dhcd.co.uk
www.dhcd.co.uk
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

max_carpenter wrote:
good point. But then when I want to run my webserver 24/7 how do I get round that?

Its very possible to leave it running 24/7, just as long as you stick a fan somewhere near your cd drive. Obviously it would perform a lot better on a hard drive with faster transfer speeds, but as a temporary messure this could be ok.
You may want to consider getting a cheap £20 HD from the market or somewhere, to install a secondary OS, and boot this drive instead.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh but u cant run windows at the same time can u? never heard of it

DHCD Computing
max@dhcd.co.uk
www.dhcd.co.uk
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

max_carpenter wrote:
yeh but u cant run windows at the same time can u? never heard of it

Insert the other hard drive, unplug the old one with windows on, boot up your pc from the cd drive, and install your chosen OS on the new hard drive. Therefor, your existing windows installation wont be able to be touched in any way whatsoever.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes but i cant use windows at the same time as linua thats wot i am on about, fair do running linux 24/7 but what about when I need to use windows like i often do??????? my webserver would have to stop!!!

DHCD Computing
max@dhcd.co.uk
www.dhcd.co.uk
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do what most people do, get a router and have a seperate less powerful machine to do your server for you. Thats what I have and its on 24/7 (well, it will be!).
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

max_carpenter wrote:
yes but i cant use windows at the same time as linua thats wot i am on about, fair do running linux 24/7 but what about when I need to use windows like i often do??????? my webserver would have to stop!!!

You obviously cant run 2 OS', no.
Listen to The Inquisitor :)

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I aint doing that considering I have just spent 1000 punds on my new pc and planning a further 1000 on it in the next year

DHCD Computing
max@dhcd.co.uk
www.dhcd.co.uk
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, you can get a cheap 350MHz PII machine off ebay for about £50 tops. Or just ask around work or mates to see if they have anything they are getting rid of. I have done this the last 2 years and managed to get a few good working PC's which would have done fine as a server.

You have to remember, Abyss will run on Pre-Pentium systems with 33mhz processors quite happily! OK, PHP and other langauges require a little more cpu time but it will still work nicely.

http://homeserver.abyssunderground.co.uk is running on a 200MHz PI 96MB RAM 4GB HD no probs.
max_carpenter
-

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

think of it through a business mans eye, costs:
> New Pc
> More electricity
> New router
> Time in setting up

I also need to find space to put it (no office)
also I want a high spec pc to be able run nicley.

Its a no go

DHCD Computing
max@dhcd.co.uk
www.dhcd.co.uk
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

max_carpenter wrote:
think of it through a business mans eye, costs:
> New Pc
> More electricity
> New router
> Time in setting up

I also need to find space to put it (no office)
also I want a high spec pc to be able run nicley.

Its a no go

I think you may want to consider buying Windows XP 32-bit Edition in that case, with any luck you can get some sort of refund or something, or aquire it illegally.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have decided what I am doin, for my website I don't really care I am going to just use Windows XP 64 without flash asp etc but on the same computer I am going to install Windows Xp 32 on my external harddrive then when i have to work on a website that needs flash, asp etc I can just reboot. Hopfully it won't be long until flash and asp work on 64 as I have most things working now

DHCD Computing
max@dhcd.co.uk
www.dhcd.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Classic ASP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: