ASP upload (AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwsource
-

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: ASP upload (AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed) Reply with quote

Hey hey,
I had just put on this script to allow me to upload files via web interface. However, it gave me the error:
Quote:
System reported this error:
Application-defined or object-defined error

The most likely cause for this error is the incorrect setup of AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed in IIS MetaBase. Please see instructions in the requirements page of freeaspupload.net.

That took me to: http://www.freeaspupload.net/freeaspupload/requirements.asp
Quote:
Server settings

Make sure the IIS web server is not restricting the size of ASP uploads. IIS 6 (Windows Server 2003) has a limit of 200 KB for ASP requests in general and file uploads in particular. To remove this limitation in IIS 6 you need to edit the Metabase file, which can be found at c:\Windows\System32\Inetsrv\MetaBase.xml.

Follow these steps: go to IIS and right click the server, select properties, and check the box "Allow changes to MetaBase configuration while IIS is running"; if after this step the metabase file is still locked, try turning off IIS or even restarting the machine in safe mode; open the file in an editor; the variable AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed limits the number of bytes in the page request (by default 200KB); change the value to 1073741824 (unlimited) or to a limit of your choice; check whether the same variable shows up in other places in the file.

Is there a equivilent to 'AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed' in Abyss or AHTML?
I know it may be a long shot for anyone to just know this answer, but I thought I'de try.

TIA!
-

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: ASP upload (AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed) Reply with quote

mwsource,

Abyss Web Server does not limit the size of the uploaded file. As long as it can feed the interpreter (here ActiveHTML) with the posted/uploaded data, there is no problem.

So it seems that the limitation comes here from ActiveHTML. It seems also that ActiveHTML has its own Upload object: see http://www.selisoft.com/en/ahtml/features.phtml - AHTML Objects. There are sample files in AHTML/ directory which feature this Upload object.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Classic ASP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: