WinMySQLAdmin 1.4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caduceus
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: WinMySQLAdmin 1.4 Reply with quote

I have MySQL up and running along with PHP5, but I can't get phpMyAdmin to work. I still get the same msg when I try to connect through http://localhost/phpadmin - "cannot mysql extensions".

Both mysql.dll and mysqli.dll are installed in d:\Php\ext

I know PHP is running scripts because I have 2 running right now.

Additionally, when I click on the green light > show me I get a pop of WinMySQLAdmin 1.4

Anyone have any clues???
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Caduceus
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:04 am    Post subject: ?? Reply with quote

OK, I have:

Installed Abyss and it's working great
Installed PHP5 and it's working great
Installed MySQL 4.0.24 and I have a green light
Installed phpMyAdmin

All have been installed ref: TRUSTpunk's tutorials on his site http://trustabyss.com (excellently simply and straight-forward install tutorials)

However, when I attempt to use phpMyAdmin, I get the "cannot load mysql extension, etc." I've done all of the configuration work in php.ini, etc. Still, I get the same error code now.

One more thing, I have the winmysqladmin 1.4, but I really want to get phpadmin working. Can ANYONE help with this one?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned to install PHP v4 and not PHP v5 but I will soon provide support
for PHP v5 since Aprelium has added a pre-configured PHP v5 package. :-)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Caduceus
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: PHP5 v PHP4 Reply with quote

I uninstalled PHP5 and installed v 4 and then reconfigured everything (I thought). Still, nothing worked except Abyss and my html pages. So, I tried Aprelium's preconfigured version. Still nothing. So I went back to my original configuration of PHP5 & MySQL.

Again, after reinstalling PHP5, both php scripts work and the winmysqladmin is availabe AND I can access mysql through DOS. I'd just like something a little easier to use than either DOS or the winmysqladmin.
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had the same problem a while ago.
This was probably just that I tampered with my php.ini file, but, I found it didnt work because the extension directory was incorrect.
Just an idea. Otherwise, im beaten =P
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: