Why should I renew my Update Protection?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fearworksmedia
-

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Why should I renew my Update Protection? Reply with quote

I purchased my most recent X2 license in June 2012, and have just received the Update Protection renewal email.

My question is, given that there have been no updates in the 11 months since I purchased this license, how can I be sure that there will be at least one update in the coming year? Usually when a company asks for yearly payments, it's because they release regular updates.

I am happy to renew, and I'm sure many other users would be too, but only with a guarantee that I'm actually going to get something for it.

And yes, I am aware that the free and unlimited priority technical support I receive would stop if I did not renew, but let's face it - it's the updates and new features that count more than a quick response, when the software never has any issues anyway!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Why should I renew my Update Protection? Reply with quote

Hello,

We have always been honest and generous with the update protection. We have always offered at least one update to our customers in exchange with each 1-year update protection even when we were unable to release a new version in less than 12 months. In such cases, we offered them free months of update protection just to be able to get a new version and honor our promises.

So this won't be a worthless investment. ;)

fearworksmedia wrote:
And yes, I am aware that the free and unlimited priority technical support I receive would stop if I did not renew, but let's face it - it's the updates and new features that count more than a quick response, when the software never has any issues anyway!

You would be surprised when knowing that almost 50% of those who order X2 and the update protection do it for premium support services. Some users value the fact that a professional technician or developer will help them and pay just for that privilege.

By the way, version 2.9 will be soon released. So please stay tuned.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
fearworksmedia
-

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Why should I renew my Update Protection? Reply with quote

admin wrote:
We have always been honest and generous with the update protection. We have always offered at least one update to our customers in exchange with each 1-year update protection even when we were unable to release a new version in less than 12 months. In such cases, we offered them free months of update protection just to be able to get a new version and honor our promises.

So this won't be a worthless investment. ;)

I did indeed benefit from your generosity with my first license when you extended customer's 1-year protection, and I am happy to know that you would do the same again.

I am looking forward to version 2.9 and all that follow afterwards, so I will indeed renew my update protection on the basis of what you said above!

:)

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: