Marijuana

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Legalize for personal usage? Similar laws to alcohol. Make sure you Post your reason too.
Yes.
68%
 68%  [ 28 ]
No.
31%
 31%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 41

Noxious4
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Marijuana Reply with quote

Legalize for personal usage? Similar laws to alcohol. Make sure you Post your reason too.
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that stuff should be legal at all , it makes you retarded lol.
Also this is the most stupid Off topic discussion topic I have ever seen.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
rado
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the effect of this thing Marijuana?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
jmc
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Hmmm... let's see... Reply with quote

...It's a habit-forming, psycho-tropic substance, extended use of which WILL lead to psychological problems... increased dependency... further abuse of "harder" drugs in search of the better "high"... social exclusion... oh, and somewhere in there, DEATH (like I really give a s**t).
Just ask anyone in the Psychiatric/Nursing profession. You know, the people who spend their lives trying to patch these pieces of crap back together.
It will basically f**k up your life, your families lives, and your (now ex-) friends lives. I say "ex-" because anyone who DID actually care for you will drop you like a hot potato once you stop listening to their heart-felt advice and try to foist all of your new "drug-buddies" (they ain't no friends) off on them...
Don't get me wrong... I think anyone who wants to put that s**t into themselves is welcome to it. I also think it should be sold (legally) in shops for anyone that wants it.
Perhaps the packets should carry a health warning (just like cigarettes, here in the UK). Maybe they could state in large, black letters "WARNING - THE USER IS A DUMB F**K. PLEASE AVOID".
The sad shame of it is that after they have wrecked their lives, the rest of us carry the cost for years to come (literally).
Well... you did ask.
rado
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but the short term effect - 5-15min? Not the long term result.
What is the psycho-tropic effect? Nobody can tell?
jmc
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: try this... it won't hurt ... Reply with quote

http://cms.psychologytoday.com/conditions/marijuana.html
goose
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey where is my octopus pipe lol , the green leaf does no good to me. it is a sick perverted excuse to be a rebel.

mawuahahaha :)
senshi
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmmm... let's see... Reply with quote

jmc wrote:
...It's a habit-forming, psycho-tropic substance, extended use of which WILL lead to psychological problems... increased dependency... further abuse of "harder" drugs in search of the better "high"... social exclusion... oh, and somewhere in there, DEATH (like I really give a s**t).
Just ask anyone in the Psychiatric/Nursing profession. You know, the people who spend their lives trying to patch these pieces of crap back together.
It will basically f**k up your life, your families lives, and your (now ex-) friends lives. I say "ex-" because anyone who DID actually care for you will drop you like a hot potato once you stop listening to their heart-felt advice and try to foist all of your new "drug-buddies" (they ain't no friends) off on them...
Don't get me wrong... I think anyone who wants to put that s**t into themselves is welcome to it. I also think it should be sold (legally) in shops for anyone that wants it.
Perhaps the packets should carry a health warning (just like cigarettes, here in the UK). Maybe they could state in large, black letters "WARNING - THE USER IS A DUMB F**K. PLEASE AVOID".
The sad shame of it is that after they have wrecked their lives, the rest of us carry the cost for years to come (literally).
Well... you did ask.

JMC, you couldnt be further from the truth if you tried. Allot of miss information about the plant is pushed out mainly from yankie soils due to their aparent paranoia about the herb.

If you look at it from a the Alcohol debate, it too is a drug, lets no mince word here, Alcohol in its many forms is a controlled substance and currently legal and currently killing 100,000 odd people a day world wide, as this is such a small number it goes largely unreported, place that statistic against the known existance of sone 20,000 years, not one recored death has been atributed to ingestion of the plant yet many are happy enough to sit in pubs and clubs and self administer a poison that has more profound psycological and social problems from its use as well as the abuse that sposes recieve from their drunken partners.

Ever heard anyone at a bar shout "Landlord, 3 Pints of your finest Wife Beater Please..." aint no joke, a joking fact that alcohol is responsible for all agressive public disorder and socia/medical issues arising from its use.

For medical reasons, the plant has not been fully studied, largely misunderstood, my own Doctor Advocates medical use but is powerless to help people who need it.

Its not a clear debate but one out of gree and power and control, they dont want you knowing the truth but push another dtug that helps to go towards population control, dependence and above all else, profit.

So nect time you hear the dope debate, think again, you have been brainwashed into thinking that its a bad thing, itas a Friggin Plant FFS thats got far more medicinal properties than all the Alcohol ever produced which accounts also for the most deaths from its use.

The argument is quite clear for me. De-criminalize and legalize medical use. Concentrate on real drugs that are a problem like MDMA, Methadone, Heroin, Methyl-Anphetamine, Anphetamines, and Ketamine, these are real dangerous drugs and your far more likely to die from over consumption. Ketamine especially, it was banned by the NHS because patients were dieing on the operating table from its use as a general anesthetic. Those are the real evils, like any man made drug, alcohol included.
rado
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that somehow CENSORED is all-ways involved in this things drugs. The problem of Marijuana is the problem of the CENSORED itselve.So the main question is:

Is Marijuana a CENSORED stimulant? For example what will happen if a young girl "smoke" a little bit of this thing?
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a special secret I will let you in on.

www.GOOGLE.com

It's called a search engine. You can use it to search for the answer to things. Every time you pop up in a thread on here you just go "Er, what is <whatever the thread is about>", adding nothing to the thread and wasting peoples time. Try *searching* (new word) for things before asking pointless questions like "What is <type of forum software>" "What is <type of programming language>" etc etc.

Jesus.
goose
-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

girls start to go into a frenzy and start raping males ....what concept that is...so stay the hell away from it! if you dare ;0

rado
-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymoose - sorry for my direct question. But in general I am right - becouse the main reason for Marijuana to be illegal is the unproper behaviour of some young people. And when you add the undirect link between drugs and crime. And you see why people are so angry and negative about legalazing the thing(Marijuana).
senshi
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rado wrote:
Anonymoose - sorry for my direct question. But in general I am right - becouse the main reason for Marijuana to be illegal is the unproper behaviour of some young people. And when you add the undirect link between drugs and crime. And you see why people are so angry and negative about legalazing the thing(Marijuana).

What?

Ok, they sell cigarettes that contain nicotine, the drug nicotine is in the same addiction stakes as heroin and methadone, you become dependent very easily. They allow cigarettes to be legal becasue they kill you, its all about population control.

They wont legalize it because people will find that they have been conned and that the whole dark issue that surrounds the 'Drug' and 'Canabis' debate is totally warped ot of context by people like the government that are driven by 'Public' demands, which come from where??? the MEDIA who are a bunch of busy body individuals that work to their own ends and I have never ever watched a news item that has not been manupilated and facts altered to distort the truth...

I think that the American Government and Legislation as well as those hard core few are very arrogant and dont see the bigger picture. They have been trying to irradicate a plant that is part of our eco system, what untold damage will they be doing to the whole of mankind becasue of their inconsiderate & lack of consideration in the world, its not a minorty of one nation calling the shots as the yanks like to think, they are only a small nation amongs many that make this world, so a personal dope crusade really dont cut it with me as I read an article about Canabis, it has so far yeilded 100's of elements that could hold keys to better pain control in cancer suferers and eye treatment as well as the many new undiscovered medical treatments yet to be unlocked by studying it.

The so called Gateway Drug term that is slapped on Canabis is a total laugh, fact is that if your inclined to do these things, your likely to try, if your not inclined to do these things, you wont, its a genetic thing, usual keymarkers are your parents, if they both drink and smoke, your very and highly likely to get into ans possibly maintain a drug habbit, something I studied in psycology was the drug cycle, the class also agreed that the canabis debate about it being a gateway drug was totally unfounded and only media hype. This was backed up by study material that indicated that people are far more likely to try a hard drug first time out having no prior experiences, why do you think so many people are passed out in pubs n clubs, its not all drink you know.

relying on google to give you the answer is not a good idea as the internet cannot be taken as gospel truth, however, it is upto you to sift through the countless amounts of bullshit thats posted allong with the missinformation and find those sites that have the FACTUAL informatuion and are not media hyped or propogander.

People are so missinformed and really get hetup over these issues when their really isnt. It really makes me laugh at the yanks for their paranoia about a little plant, FFS get a life. If you really want to see the BIG ISSUE up close, I suggest you goto a well known European country that for the last 30 years has not seen any growth in its Hard drug users, the number of Hard drug users is getting older becaus not many younger people are falling into the hard drug use because they have access to a soft drug if they so wish...... So where is the gateway in that? its stopping people from moving onto other more addictive drugs.

When I fell off the ladder, my gateway was Alcohol and it was canabis that got me back on the straight an narrow, so it just doesnt cut it with me, if your going to post something about your personal beliefs, please dont continually regurgitate the same old propogander, brainwashing crap that you were taught at school.

Dont believe anything the media tells you, as the media cant be trusted to bring you the truth because the mainpulate the facts to their own ends so you get a half pint of truth washed down with a couple of gallons of crap. What IM saying is you have eyes, ears and a brain, use them, see things for wat they are, step out of the media loop and you will see a larger story, one that not told so openly.

BTW, to the guy who asked if its a CENSORED stimuli, its a matter of opinion and taste, too much and on a regular basis will lower your sperm count and you have to watch this CENSORED thing, they use the word to sell just about anything. What you might be on with is CENSORED, something thats not very nice and can lead to serious medical issues like Erectile dysfunction, loss of sensation or even the loss of your penis can result from taking CENSORED, its why its also a controlled substance. CENSORED is a really nasty drug and I do advise you avoid it at all costs, it was given the yankie all clear like prozac was and prozac is supposed to be non addictive, Ahem, the truth is out and fact its addictive, so is CENSORED in the same boat???
elaurvick
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's less harmful than either alcohol or tobacco. It should be legal and controlled the same way as they are.

Our drug laws are a repetition of prohibition in the 1930's and we all know how much good that did. They are having the same results, making criminals rich because illegal stuff costs a lot more than legal. And after all, nobody HAS to use the stuff.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
isbnthedailygrind
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Global Folly and Vice: The Legalization of Marijuana Reply with quote

Imagine what life could have been like—we all could have avoided the need to provide sustenance for ourselves and others; we would not have had to fear physical death; and stress would not have been a part of our daily lives—but that is not our current situation. The reason for this is that “In the beginning…” (Genesis 1:1) God gave both Adam and Eve a free will. This free will which was given to our initial ancestors—and is ultimately dependent upon the faith of many, but not the faith of all—has lead to all the deaths, suicides, abortions, murders, lust, rape victims, and so on. Nevertheless, to say that God is to blame for all that has happened, would not be truth at all; for “God saw all that He had made, and it was very good.” (Genesis1:31) Good is good; He does not undermine Himself.
Therefore, the only criminal for humankind’s fall is ourselves; and it is because of our decisions that we have made, that we are now subjects to the separation from our Creator. In the past, we have said “yes” to everything; and as foolish men and women, we have shot ourselves in the foot too many times. We have taken Christ out of Christmas, when Christ is the center of such a loving celebration. Do we allow ourselves make another mistake again? If so, have we matured? Or are we only negatively progressing (i.e. self-destruction)?

My parents told me many things while I was growing up. One of the things they told me was in response to my statement: “I know I didn’t do well on my history test, but I wasn’t the only one who did bad on the test. I—“
“We don’t care how everyone else did. A poor mark is a poor mark; so, for the next month, no more video games for you young man!”
Sounds harsh, but it’s true. If you can (along the same lines) remember how harsh that sounded when you were a child, then respectively, how harsh would the legalization of marijuana really be? As my calculus prof always told his students: “Take a look at the bigger picture.” Marijuana may feel great to the first party; but on the other hand, many third parties will feel the negative effects of its use.

Why do people use marijuana anyway? Is it to escape reality and improve relaxation time? Is it an act of rebellion? I believe it is both and much more than just what is seen on a surface level. So then if we use it to relax our minds and muscles, it must feel good. Addicts say that it is not addictive, but on these grounds I believe it is. If it feels good, why not do it again? For if scoring a goal in hockey was actually felt bad (assuming you don’t score on your own team) then goals scored records would look pitiful. We continue to do things on the basis of whether or not it feels good.

I know certainly well that marijuana will be legalized; when or how, this leaves me and others clueless. I can easily see this just like an economist will predict the future of an industry after noticing a trend in the business cycle. It is impossible for me and others to stop these forces which are beyond us. Through supporting an objection to the legalization of marijuana, I am saving myself; and although I can express my thoughts publicly on this subject, I can't save the world from making a hazardous mistake.

We "nay-sayers" are only delaying an irrational conclusion. Will you fail as a catalyst, or will you take up the fight and succeed in maturity with us?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you , I never done drugs in my life and to think that people would actually legalize this some day is very stupid. Why do I think its stupid ? Im saying this because the birth defects in women , why would you want to make your new born kid retarded over something stupid that you did , if people would think and realize the truth of this drug we wouldn't have to put up with deformed new borns and retarded people that have to live their entire life in a wheel chair , just think if you ever had a kid and you where doing pot , wouldn't that make you feel bad for passing the effect to your kid's generation. Just look at some of the children that are retarded and see what type of suffering their going through , its the parents that do Narcotics and made them that way. This drug does the same \m/ \m/

Note: Noxious4 , If you do pot , just brake that barrior and move on to your
real life , just because someone says its cool to do pot , don't listen to them.
senshi
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to remember that birth defects can arise from medical drugs also, some thing as simple as anti-biotics and turn your unborn int a vegtable, thats a supposidly safe drug to take but the risks are real.

You also have the issue of when the woman has the child, later in life runs the risk of having a retarded child, something like 1:900 women in their late 30's have a very real risk of producing a retarded child without the use of an illicut drug, by simply thinking or feeling that perscribed drugs are safer, infact they are not. So the unborn retard is out of the windo, if anything, alcohol has more chance of poisoning an unborn child and a higher risk of killing it form consupmtion whilst pregnant, dont get foold by this alcohol (beer) is safe nonsense, because it isnt.

Something as inoccuous as paracetamol which is considered safe, WRONG it is just as dangerous and addictive as some of the illicit drugs that can be gotten hold of, these illicit drugs are at the end of the day dervied from their medical counterparts.

This whole misinformation thing run by the governments through the media (includes papers) is what warps your sensce of reality to the situation, you need to step out of the loop and see it upclose for yourself to fully understand the bigger picture.

You also have to understand that Alcohol is a controled substance and carries far more long term health and mental health issues than someone ingesting a plant. You also have to remember that too many drunken parties will in the end make you ill because of the negative effects alcohol has on the body, way too many to list but compaired to cannabis they are hideous and I cant understand why people want to consume a poison.

FYI Alcohol, the human brain does not have any receptors it bonds to in the human brain, canabis does. I think that tells you something of the nature of this planet, Alcohol is like a cancer, you cant treat it, you cant cure it but like cancer it will kill you far easier to kill part of our ecco system than to give up something thats making billions world wide. Ihave never come across something that such a profund and detrimental effect on the human body, the misery and poverty that is causes by its use and not forgetting all the violent and abuse in the home it causes and the social disorder problems it causes with violent attacks on others from over consumption. The cost alone in dealing with these people on whole costs way more than it costs to bust someone for possession. It just seems totaly moronic to persue such a little thing that blown all out of proportion and people are brainwashed by the media coverage yet Alcohol still has not recieved the same level of limelight, its an anti-social drug, take football matches, why are people fighting and brawling???? ALCOHOL.

Its manipulation of the truth, control, you have eyes, ears and a brain, use them and I dont mean look at the TV either or the papers as they are bed fellows in the pocket of the government who drives this paranois band waggon. The issue being that just because YOU dont want or agree with doesnt mean that everyone else has to suffer, canabis has valid medical uses and with the american government in paranoia overdrive is seeking to destroy the plant, some methods including releasing a GM variet which given that its GM, how will it screw our planet up? Canabis cross breads with many 1,000's of other plants in the wild, some are very common including Mint for instance. What untold damge to this planet are the americans prepaired to do in its own and world environment with its personal & selfish crusade? If people knew half the facts, their would be outrage, but seeing as all the avenues of truth are closed off and were fed a constant stream of bull shit, I dont see anyone sofar in this thread that isnt suffering from some kind of brainwashing propogander, to the religious nuts amongst us, how do you feel that the Herb is mentioned and referenced as being used in the good book? or has that been edited out? Which I would suspect a real possibility.

The problem being is these people in power do not know any better and I do pitty them for their ignorance like people who instantly spout incorrect facts about substances when theirs far more dangerous medical substances around, well they say ignorance is bliss.
Angel
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make it Legal I say:

I Have never heard of anyone beating anybody up or acting stupid while they were high. As a matter of fact I think the only thing I have ever seen a person do on that stuff is watch tv or listen to some tunes while shoveling food down thier throat and then falling asleep. I mean if you can have alcohol legal why not weed?

Also the country could benifit from it if it was federally regulated. Like Alcohol is in some states. As well as putting a big stomp on the people who illegally sell it.

Quote:
Senshi
and not forgetting all the violent and abuse in the home it causes

AMEN Brother!!! I abosolutly agree with you on all your points. I have sufferd first hand from the abuse that alcohol can cause and NEVER NEVER NEVER have I ever seen or heard of any one doing those same things because they were high on Weed.

"Judgment caused by lack of knowledge is A Foolish Judgement indeed."

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some pretty good comments and arguments, here's what I
can add...

As long as the government grows and sales it the right way, why not;
other then the way you consume it and how often you do,
if you go to far with this drug, you might end up associating it to all of your
activities... Which will probably lead to the need to consume the drug
before doing those hobbies or even before work for some consumers..
And dont forget that many smokers add tobacco which is not filtered when
consumed, that's not good at all..!

I often heard that potheads don't fight when they smoke, from my
personnal experience, I can tell you that I'd rather not do anything that
requires a good hands and eyes coordination, that stuff will help me
concentrate, in the other hand I will be slower at whatever I'm doing.

As a consumer, I don't believe it is a crazier thing to do then smoking
ciggarettes for 20, 30 years, getting wasted with shots, beer every week-
enk... Its all about moderation, control, smart usage and of course the way
it is grown.

I say let us smoke and stop relating the problems of our societies that we,
as a society have created, to the good old natural plant.

Of course there are organised criminal groups involved in the distribution of
the product, however, those groups dont live of weed selling, they make
most of their money with other drugs' and guns' distribution.

From what I know, they legalised alcool to stop the organised crime.. I'm
not saying that by legalising weed we will stop those organised criminals but
the government will control the distribution and production of the goods and
even control the dosage as well as profit from the sales of the product by
taxing it just like beer, wine, aspirines, etc.

I do not think that weed smoking will fix the world but it will certainly not
bring the world to an end...
Angel
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmc wrote:
...It's a habit-forming, psycho-tropic substance, extended use of which WILL lead to psychological problems... increased dependency... further abuse of "harder" drugs in search of the better "high"... social exclusion... oh, and somewhere in there, DEATH

um Excuse me but It has be proven that the more you use marijuana the less you need to attain the same effect.

senshi wrote:
It really makes me laugh at the yanks for their paranoia about a little plant

lol I'm a a Yank hun and let me tell you its the goverment and media I know a ton of people who Believe as you and I do.

TRUSTpunk wrote:
Im saying this because the birth defects in women , why would you want to make your new born kid retarded over something stupid that you did , if people would think and realize the truth of this drug we wouldn't have to put up with deformed new borns and retarded people that have to live their entire life in a wheel chair , just think if you ever had a kid and you where doing pot , wouldn't that make you feel bad for passing the effect to your kid's generation.

You know your point could sway me if only My 3 children had been born with birth defects, My 6 yr old daughter hadn't just skipped a grade in school , and I had never seen a television show that showed that there has never been a documented case of a birth defect that was releated to the use of weed.....hmmmm

olivierp wrote:

Of course there are organised criminal groups involved in the distribution of
the product, however, those groups dont live of weed selling, they make
most of their money with other drugs' and guns' distribution.

I'm sure your correct on the point that it wont put the crime to its end, but It would be one last thing that the police and goverment would have to worry about.

olivierp wrote:

From what I know, they legalised alcool to stop the organised crime.. I'm
not saying that by legalising weed we will stop those organised criminals but
the government will control the distribution and production of the goods and
even control the dosage as well as profit from the sales of the product by
taxing it just like beer, wine, aspirines, etc.

Yes that was my point exactly. I mean this country spends a ton of money a year just tracking down Marijuana Dealers and Burning the crops etc....etc...etc.. Not only that but the reasons that it was outlawed in the first place are just plain stupid. and they are as follows

Most of the history of marijuana's criminalization has been based on lies. The actual reasons why marijuana is illegal are:

Racism
Fear
Protection of Corporate Profits
Yellow Journalism
Ignorant, Incompetent, and/or Corrupt Legislators
Personal Career Advancement and Greed

I found the above at this Link http://blogs.salon.com/0002762/stories/2003/12/22/whyIsMarijuanaIllegal.html

the artical make some good points.

Ok let me just say that I'm 28 years old I have in my time smoked since I was about 16 yrs old . I'm happily Married and have 3 kids. A house a job and two cars.So First let me start by saying that I have a pipe and and a bud in my house and you know how long I've hade it (Yes the Same bud) for about 5 months. You know why????? because I love it I love to party with it. But I also can take it or leave it. And that goes without saying for most people who use it. Now you can call me dumb like apparently some people around here would think. But the only thing I see as Being dumb is the fact that some people apparently cant say no to crack, herion, acid...etc...etc...etc. It is possible to use weed and lead a perfectly decent life on the otherhand I have never seen it possible to use Alcohol or any of those other drugs while carrying out simple every day tasks.

Here's the thing if you dont have enough self control to keep from spending your last dollar on it then dont use it. If your not confident enough to tell someone NO when they offer you something you dont want then dont go around those type of people. It is possible to use weed and only be around people who do that and nothing more I have done it for quite sometime. And if you have never done it then dont judge someone who does becuase you have never walked in their shoes, thats only human decency.
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

time for a ho down the goose sings " Jim crack weed and he dont care me masters gone away" said in an oldman tone " this gooood shit!" the goose is as high as akite!

amonia
-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marijuana can damage your brain. There is quite good example(s) for that... You know something like ~ brainless or crazyman! You start to see thing and so on....
goose
-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why i don't touch the shit.

senshi
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amonia wrote:
Marijuana can damage your brain. There is quite good example(s) for that... You know something like ~ brainless or crazyman! You start to see thing and so on....

You obviously haventr a clue, I suggest you read up about exactly what Alcohol does to your Brain and other body organs, I can tell you this, you'll want to stop drinking, I know I did.

Fact that canabis has receptors in the brain for the canobol to bond with where alcohol doesnt, if you look up the difference between the two, you will find that Alcohol is a Poisons class drug because it cant bond with receptors in the body but causes disruption to the nueal pathways that control speach, cordination and rational thought and of course it also brings out the agressive nature in people.

I will say this for nothing, unless you actuall are botherd to find out for yourself from infromation sources that are not media or government controlled, you will always have this warped picture of the truth and you'll never get at the real facts if you constantly blurb out the propogander and brainwashing that you have been subjected to over the years during school and from your peers that appear to know better.
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing like digging up a 3 month old topic that nobody cares about to make yourself sound knowledgable is there?
Glitch2082
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If one wishes to display one's opinion, one has the right wouldn't you think?
}
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If one has already displayed it several times in the thread, the thread has died then one decides to display it again for no purpose other than to flame the last 3 month old post, one has the right but not the reason...
Sophia
-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rado wrote:

Ok, wait a minute, I used to smoke pot a long time ago, and when i did, the last thing that was running though my mind when I was stoned was to break the law. Nobody gets stoned and says "Hey, let go rob a 7-11"
It is more like lets go get stoned and order a few pizzas, some chicken wings, some breadsticks, some fried cheese and a case of soda.
Kittenstomper2
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is more like lets go get stoned and order a few pizzas, some chicken wings, some breadsticks, some fried cheese and a case of soda.

weed = munchies not beating your wife/girlfriend like ya would wiht enough alcohol, i have never heard of someone high on weed beating thier child or wife, ((pcp or something like that perhaps)) alchol is one of the main causes for child abuse

i have to agree alchol causes alot of problems, weed makes ya kinda slower, ya think a little differnt, weed at parties means just sitting on the couch thinking about stupid things, alchol causes dancing half naked on the table, they say it is great for shy people, ya shy people looking to get into the stripper buisness, drunk people cause problems, puke everywhere act retarded and such, weed causes random thoughts and for some people munchies from hell

yes weed can cause brain damage, but only if ya use WAY to much, i have seen "retied" addicts that are a bit slow...but thats because they abused it, moderation is important, ya dont get a bottle of tylenol and use it all at once right?

legalizing it coud be a boon to america, if they placed a "weed tax" suddenly the government is making money form soemthing else, also, buy leaglizing it it can be used to help terminally ill people who have to live in extreme pain between pain medications, and even those dont have the same effect as marijuana, legalizing weed can also mean regualtions thus making it safer, weeds bad reputation is partly because when people sell weed it isnt always 100% weed, like buying a water down drink the weed is often full of other things that are known to be very dangerouse, or it is laced with other things to increase the high

but i dont know much about it....
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do wish someone would delete this topic , its old. LateR!
Arctic
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four RCMP officers died because of drug use, for that Canada's flags go at half mast. Drugs, no matter what, impare your judgement. All of them are dangerous, no matter what you say. People feel like they can do anything when they're high, and the reality is, they'll try.

http://teens.trielite.net
Back to top View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Glitch2082
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
People feel like they can do anything when they're high, and the reality is, they'll try.

You mean drunk... your paranoid when your high. Now, we all have our opinions but this topic will soon be half a year old... Im going with trustpunk.
}
Arctic
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glitch2082 wrote:
Quote:
People feel like they can do anything when they're high, and the reality is, they'll try.

You mean drunk... your paranoid when your high. Now, we all have our opinions but this topic will soon be half a year old... Im going with trustpunk.

No, you can be both. It doesn't matter, alcohal, actuall drugs, anything, they all have the same basic effects.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Kittenstomper2
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends on the drug, since diffenrt drugs do differnt things like hallucionogins carciogins and etc and so on they all have a differnt effect weed is relativly weak compared to other drugs which i think have no place in this world, opium, acid, pcp, and the list goes on

weed is ok for some things like relieving high strees and pain and only if used in moderation, but like alcohol too much causes problems, ((problems not bieng as bad a rock hard liver, possibly killing someone with a DUI, or alcohol poisoning, but weed does cause problems if ya use to much))
alcohol for stress doesnt make things better

social drinking is ok, but alcohol like anything else, if ya do to much ya end up hugging the toilet pukeing your guts out

oct 04! who bumped the thread?, that can get ya in trouble on other forums, for bumping ((or repling)) to a topic that is a few months old
goose
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

might as well use a head as toilet brush!

Glitch2082
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and might as well close this forum!

Don't mean to be a git here folks but im not one of arguement or preaching... which is where this forum seems to be leading...
}
zilos
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, just my kind of topic! I just so happen to run a website called IAmCannabian.com which ofcourse if for legalizing, and is ran with Abyss Web Server. Thanks Aprelium!

Some statistics:
How many people are killed each year as a result of drug use?
# Source: NIDA Research Monographs Tobacco kills around 390,000.
# Alcohol kills around 80,000.
# Secondhand smoke from tobacco kills around 50,000.
# Cocaine kills around 2,200.
# Heroin kills around 2,000.
# Aspirin kills around 2,000.
# Marijuana kills 0. There has never been a recorded death directly due to marijuana overdose at any time in US history - call your local emergency room for confirmation.

Do illicit drugs cause a great deal of burden on our medical facilities?
In comparison to the resources consumed by tobacco and alcohol related medical issues, no. Some authorities have estimated that up to forty percent of all hospital care in the United States is for conditions related to alcohol. Overdose and contaminated drug ingestion do account for a large percentage of drug related emergencies, however, these issues are the result of prohibition. Regulation of the drug industry would all but eliminate this statistic.

Illicit drugs contribute to violent crime, right?
Most authorities agree that the violence associated with drug related crime is more a product of prohibition and not a product of the drug. As history has shown us, the prohibition of alcohol made way for the violent criminal organization. Prices rose for the prohibited alcohol, thus making the risk/reward factor weigh in on the side of violence. The year alcohol prohibition was repealed violent crime dropped 65% and the organized criminals were forced into other businesses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: