credit card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjs1950
-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: credit card Reply with quote

is there anyway to processes credit cards online...

would the process be to obtain credit card information from a form...
send it to a database...
then process it?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and you will have to use a secure SSL connection to process it (or else no one will use your online order form).

Check www.hotscripts.com for an order script.
-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... or look at outsourcing your credit card processing to somewhere like

http://www.secpay.com/

Customers go through your checkout to the point of payment, then you send them off to Secpay to handle payment and get the acknowledgement from them. Until Abyss has proper SSL support rather than my STunnel workaround, I'd say this was a better solution.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
senshi
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymoose wrote:
... or look at outsourcing your credit card processing to somewhere like

http://www.secpay.com/

Customers go through your checkout to the point of payment, then you send them off to Secpay to handle payment and get the acknowledgement from them. Until Abyss has proper SSL support rather than my STunnel workaround, I'd say this was a better solution.

Yes, very much so.

Unless you have a major bond (and IM not talking 007 either) that you can give the bank you will getting a merchant account from, you not only have to pay a machine rental but you get a tarrif per transaction plus merchant fees PLUS YOU TAKE ALL THE RISK! so if matey decides to cancel or refund otr claim agains no-supply of goods or is scamming you, you loose out, the bank wins and everybody is unhappy... So to save yourself a lot of heartache and doctors bills, outsource like Anonymoose said, they may charge a large fee per transaction, its nothing by comparison if you were to use a bank.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: