Asked before,

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toren
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Asked before, Reply with quote

Well I have read a few of these type of questions and so far I can not figure out how to get my server to work corectly. I can see it however others can not. Now I know this has been asked before, but I have already gone through most of the advice given such as the topic that was made for this however I do not seem to be able to get it to work. I can see it with the local host and what I think my I.P adress is. I have a DI-614 wireless router and dsl therefore I have a dynamic I.P adress. I tried to use suggestions given already however nothing seems to be working... thank you for your time.

http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3806

I tried this, I might have done it wrong so I am going to try again.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that thread is what you need to follow.

Remember, virtual servers == port forwarding.
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: asked before Reply with quote

well I looked through it however my doubts are more apon the IP adress I am using, I have done port foreding as demonstarted, It seems to be interesting a lot of the problems come from people using d-links, also the IP I use came up a few times with other people so I am guesing that it is generic for the d-link...
how can I know for sure what IP I am using for no "whatsmyip.com" like places are the same and my computers IPconfig's one does not seem to work... and thank you for responding
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wait, forgot to mention. D-Link routers do not support loopback. You need to use a website called Proxify.com to check your website.

Also, try a port other than 80, because your ISP may block it.
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: again Reply with quote

alright I have tried a different port still no results however I can see my website on my computer and computers on my network. but outside computers can not see it.
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you remember to append the port number to the end of the IP?

Such as 12.34.56.65:21208? 21208 being the port number?
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: asked before Reply with quote

192.168.0.101:1280 like that? if so then yes, I did. if it does work for you *which I doubt* then tell me, anyway I apreciate you trying to help me, I have spent several days trying to before coming here.

edit in

192.168.0.101 is as I thought a generic in network IP for D-links my IP is not that, I figured out my problem thank you for your help
Stone-D
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

192.168.*.* and 10.0.*.* are what can be called private address spaces, they CANNOT be used for communication outside a LAN.

FYI.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: