Abyss & Norton Personal Firewall

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lesling
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Abyss & Norton Personal Firewall Reply with quote

I am using Abyss on my desktop that also has NPF installed. I use Abyss in conjunction with a canal route planning programme Canalplan AC. With NPF enabled the offline version of Canalplan AC does not work. With NPF disabled it does. I have tried adding the local ports used by Abyss, 8888 and 9999 to those accepted by NPF but it makes no difference.
Can anyone help with a solution please.
Thanks,
Les
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, use the tutorials section for providing new tutorials *NOT* asking for help. Do you have a router ? If so, check the sticky topic in the Networking Issues section of the board.
lesling
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am only doing what others have already done on this forum. Nobody else has had this "advice" given to them!
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lesling wrote:
Nobody else has had this "advice" given to them!

Oh... you'd be suprised. You got off easy.

Just because someone does something, doesn't mean it is right. The "Tutorials" section is quite self-explanatory: it is for tutorials. If you require help, then most people on this forum will require you to do a little work before posting your question: 1) Search the forum, 2) Find the right category, and 3) Provide enough information so your problem can be fixed appropriatley. I and I'm sure others don't feel this is too much to ask, as we aren't charging you any money or goods for our service to you. You aren't personally being picked on; many other people are told to do the same thing as you.

EDIT: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: