MySQL Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gook
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: MySQL Help Reply with quote

I have installed MySQL before on windows bu his is my fist time doing it on Linux. I am on a Linux Distro called BLAG which is basicly fedora which is pretty much red hat. I tried installing but I got to confused. I tried fowlling mysql.com Docs but they were more poined towards Apache. What I need to know is which files to download and direct links to them would be nice. Cause I aint sure really what I need. And then please give me some info on how to set them up I know there is some linux users in this forum :P

Thanks,
Travis
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can download a MySQL RPM from a Fedora mirror, if you're saying that BLAG is essentially Fedora.
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah ok but what do I do after installing? to get it running and stuff like that
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To make it easy, just download the MySQL binary, and read the readme file along with the manual.html file (under the /docs directory). That should give you all the information you need.

Or, you can scroll down, download the MySQL RPM, install it using "rpm -i <filename.rpm>" at the terminal, and then reading the manual. There is a lot of information and documentation on how to install it, run it, configure it, and everything else you would ever want to do--you just have to look for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: