Can I run two or more Abyss Server from the same computer.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cerq
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Can I run two or more Abyss Server from the same computer. Reply with quote

I asked some time ago if I could run Abyss Server from tow different computer thur my router, and the answer was a greath help. And by the way I'm doing that as we are reading this.
However, now it seems that I will need to setup another site on my server computer to host a retail site.
When I started to load Abyss on the 2nd hard drive it wants me to stop service on the running copie.
If I do this will it restart both?
Iknow I must use a different port for the 2nd site to run.
That is the easy part.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a tricky one, I'm assuming you're now running the beta and using it installed as a service ? Not quite sure how you'd handle that since you can't easily rename the service, and if you do, Abyss will probably get very confused.

Aprelium ?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Can I run two or more Abyss Server from the same compute Reply with quote

cerq,

Solution 1: wait for the Pro version. It will be able to host as many sites as you want.
Solution 2: Do not run Abyss as a service. Install two copies in two different locations (using 2 different ports) and start them manually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: