a quick question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
huneylikewhoa
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: a quick question Reply with quote

I've set everything up perfectly to offer hosting on my server... except my question is this:
when I host a regular .com or top level domain what would they put in for their dns? I have a .tk domain for the time being, so a dns with zoneedit wasn't really necessary for me. but I do have an account with zoneedit, for my future .com domain.

hmmmmm, should I just give the hostees the zoneedit dns address too and just add their domain to my zoneedit account?

please help, I feel as though I'm going crazy, lol. sorry for all the questions about this subject.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When people want to host with you, tell them to point their domain to the Name Servers you were assigned by ZoneEdit. Then, enter their domain and point it to your IP Address.
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Then, enter their domain and point it to your IP Address.

enter their domain where and would I point it to my IP address/their_folder? Thanks!!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have 2 options. You can point it directly to your IP, and use the Multiple Sites script, or you can use WebForwarding, and then point it to your_ip/their_folder.
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the fast response, you rock!!!
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: