I know i did everything right

View previous topic :: View next topic  
garyanderson
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: I know i did everything right Reply with quote

alright. I bought a TLD and configured the dns nameservers with zoneedit. I have a dynamic address and just to test this morning i put in my ip and went to work. After about 20 minutes i was able to get onto my site by typing in the domain name.

Then i come home for lunch and installed DirectUpdate to automatically tell zoneedit what my ip is. now when i check the configureation on directupdate everything is working fine. it updates my ip and i double check it with zoneedit. Fine all of that works.

So why is that when i type in my domain name, it keeps telling my site is under construction. When i was able to get it earlier this morning? WTF??

Note: if i put in my ip it will show my website, but i want to access it with my doamin name, am i doing something wrong. something i overlooked.

note2: i also checked the log for my Directupdate and i noticed the following: "server won't start. Disabled", yet it still updates my ip addy to zoneedit. is this something i should be concerned about? is this the problem. please help, i'm more than a little frustrated. Thank you.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is something you should be concerned about.

I use the exact same setup that you are using to manage your domain, so I have some possible solutions:

1. You need to get the DirectUpdate to connect to localhost. Restart your computer, and try to get it to connect.
2. On ZoneEdit, go into the web forwarding, and see if you have something set up. That is probably why your website displays "Under Construction." You need to properly set up your IP Address under the "IP Address (A)" settings.
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on startup, Directupdate automatically connects to locahost. It has the port number as default. That is fine right?

also i manually updated my ip with zonedit before and everything worked fine. when i check to see if directupdate does the same thing. it is changed on zone edit as well. so my ip address(a) is fine. its automatically taken care of by Direct update correct?
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If DirectUpdate is configured to update your account with ZoneEdit, then everything should be working just fine.
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iNaNimAtE wrote:
If DirectUpdate is configured to update your account with ZoneEdit, then everything should be working just fine.

I know that's what i'm saying. :( so what could i possibly be doing wrong. if you have the exact same settings. are there somthings that i'm not doing?

as i said it was working this morning when i manually configured my ip at zonedit. all i had to do was wait 20 mins or so. obiously the server is working when i input my ip number my site comes up. so the problem is somehow in associating my ip with the domain name.
arrrghhhhhhhh!!!!
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go into WebForward; do you see any entries?
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no there arn't any entries. isn't that just to redirect a user if i have aanoter site?
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is usually the case. However, there are ways of making your website say "Under Construction" from there.
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iNaNimAtE wrote:
Yes, that is usually the case. However, there are ways of making your website say "Under Construction" from there.

anyways for some reason its working now. http://www.tantrum-technologies.com its as test page so whatever. maybe i needed to wait a couple days for zonedit to have everything working right. I don't know. i'm gonna try it again and see how everything goes. log off and on and so on.
Thanks for your help though.
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's working for me. Anyway, ZoneEdit and other providers can sometimes take as much as 72 hours to get your website working right when you first start out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: