MySQL errors?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ntloc
-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: MySQL errors? Reply with quote

Hi, I installed and when I try to run it, it gave me this error (I already had PHP working perfectly without error), but this is the error when I try to install phpBB forum using my database:

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'admin@localhost' (Using password: YES) in F:\mysql\data\phpBB\db\mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in F:\mysql\data\phpBB\db\mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in F:\mysql\data\phpBB\db\mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

I did create a alias mysql using abyss so I could access the data folder in mySQL. Also the user and pass to access mySQL is correct when I put it in. Although I dont have phpMyAdmin install (I dont know if this is required for mySQL). I click the winmysqladmin.exe to run it and it did run, I saw the green light in the windows Tray. Could someone help me out, tell me what did I do wrong or because I didn't setup my MySQL right, if so how do I fix it? Oh, and I did followed the tutorial in the forum.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I don't know why this is in the Tutorials section.

Apparently you typed your password wrong. Just use the user "root" and no password. After that, you can install phpMyAdmin to password protect mySQL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: