Compatible Lindows?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ntloc
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Compatible Lindows? Reply with quote

Hi, I'm thinking about changing my OS Windows Server 2003 to Lindows (want to try out new thing) and I was wondering if Abyss Web Server is compatible with Lindows version 4.0

Thank you.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Compatible Lindows? Reply with quote

ntloc,

Lindows is built on a Linux kernel. So there should be no problem when using the Linux version of Abyss with it.
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lindows is a scam. I suggest not using it. I don't even know how they get away with charging money for it; considering (like Aprelium said) it is build on the Linux kernel.
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:16 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Ok, thanks maybe I wont use it (I like either Red Hat Linux or Windows Server better), if in some case I use it that's just testing it out. I just want to try new things and see how it goes (I'm a CS student so...you know!). I have tried lots of OS like: Fedora Linux Core 1, Knoppix, Mandrake, Red Hat Enterprise Server 3 AS, Red Hat Pro, Sophos, SuSE Linux, windows XP, Windows server 2000, ... and now I'm currently running Windows Server 2003 and I think this is the best in all of Microsoft Product (but i dont think I satified with the compatibilities of softwares in Wins Server 2003).
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to know you try them all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: