SquirrelMail (Webmail) and Abyss

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gsownsby
-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: SquirrelMail (Webmail) and Abyss Reply with quote

Has anyone used SquirrelMail (webmail) with Abyss? It is a PHP-based application. I have gotten it to work but sending mail produces an error 500 but still sends the outbound mail to the designated recipient. Reading mail (from a remote mail server) and all other functions (folders, etc.) work fine...only sending produces the error.

SquirrelMail's standard installation program is geared toward Apache installs so it could not be used to install it on Abyss.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if it were made for Apache, then I'm sure problems could arise.
-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you have a look around there's quite a few guides to getting it installed on IIS, so I guess there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to get it up and running on Abyss...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Lawrence
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually tried SquirrelMail and couldn't get it to work right, so I went for V-Webmail instead. It worked first try (more or less).

http://www.v-webmail.org/
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
rrebel
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.v-webmail.org/

is this free ? or jsut a demo ?

thanks
howdy69
-

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click on the link that is on every page on their website that says "PURCHASE".

I did the leg work for you, it is here:
http://www.v-webmail.co.uk/purchase.php
ultranet
-

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: fomail Reply with quote

I use foxmail (trying)
go to downloads .com and search up foxmail.

the home page to foxmail is in another language and i dont have any language packs installed.

yes it is free, and its looks are great! like outlook but better.

if anyone finds out how to use an e-mail such as someone@hotmail.com and use foxmail to change it too someone@mywebsite.com

please do tell me
the ultimate network
Back to top View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foxmail is a chinese email client. If you want to change the domain of your email address, then you are going to have to do so at the server side of things. You cannot change an email address from @hotmail.com to @yourname.com and expect to have the same email account--as it doesn't work like that.

If you download a mail server, and have the proper DNS entries set up with your domain, you can host a mail server and send & receive mail from it. Search Download.com for "mail server" if you don't have one in mind.
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: SquirrelMail (Webmail) and Abyss Reply with quote

gsownsby wrote:
Has anyone used SquirrelMail (webmail) with Abyss? It is a PHP-based application. I have gotten it to work but sending mail produces an error 500 but still sends the outbound mail to the designated recipient. Reading mail (from a remote mail server) and all other functions (folders, etc.) work fine...only sending produces the error.

SquirrelMail's standard installation program is geared toward Apache installs so it could not be used to install it on Abyss.

SQUIRREL WEBMAIL AND ABYSS WEB SERVER ... TOTALLY WORKS!!!!

Check it out http://doddf.servegame.com user:demo pass:demo

Its a great easy to use script and a great web server
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
cesaradf
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: fomail Reply with quote

ultranet wrote:
I use foxmail (trying)
go to downloads .com and search up foxmail.

the home page to foxmail is in another language and i dont have any language packs installed.

yes it is free, and its looks are great! like outlook but better.

if anyone finds out how to use an e-mail such as someone@hotmail.com and use foxmail to change it too someone@mywebsite.com

please do tell me

Requirements:

POP/SMTP server - recommend Mercury32 www.pmail.com
Dynamic DNS service with MX record support- rec. www.no-ip.com (need to install a client)

How it works:
- In the no-ip service, choose a domain name and add MX records in to it
ex.: you choosed myname.sytes.net, so the 3 mx records should be myname.sytes.net
- When configuring mercury32, add this domain into it (myname.sytes.net)
- create your users, open the right ports in your router (POP/SMTP)
- Then every user you create will be mr noname@myname.sytes.net
- the pop/smtp address? myname.sytes.net (you can create aliases to this name like bla.no-ip.com etc.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: fomail Reply with quote

cesaradf wrote:
Requirements:

Dynamic DNS service with MX record support- rec. www.no-ip.com (need to install a client)

How it works:
- In the no-ip service, choose a domain name and add MX records in to it
ex.: you choosed myname.sytes.net, so the 3 mx records should be myname.sytes.net
- When configuring mercury32, add this domain into it (myname.sytes.net)
- create your users, open the right ports in your router (POP/SMTP)
- Then every user you create will be mr noname@myname.sytes.net
- the pop/smtp address? myname.sytes.net (you can create aliases to this name like bla.no-ip.com etc.

It sounds like he still wants to use a hotmail email address, but change the domain using Foxmail--which you can't do.
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bah humbug use a real mail server!

mawuahahaha :)
wild_virus
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Requirements:

I went to no-ip.com and I have a subdomain with them. MX records costs money to support for the mail server. did it use to be free?

also

Quote:
cesaradf

Do you have a good tutorial on setting up Squirrel Mail on Abyss? Or a link to a good one?

thanks in advance
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wild_virus wrote:
Quote:
Requirements:

I went to no-ip.com and I have a subdomain with them. MX records costs money to support for the mail server. did it use to be free?

Quote:

Accept Mail For Your Domain
An added bonus is that you can have email addresses associated with the domains you create. You can use No-IP Free to direct mail for you@yoursite.no-ip.com to three mail servers of your own choosing. This allows you to run your own mail server and point to others as backup.

All this is provided by No-IP's dependable name service back end and, as its name implies is FREE

Which part of free meant it cost you money ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: