Security alert...

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 12:41 am    Post subject: Security alert... Reply with quote

Hi,

I get the following error:

----------------------------------------------------------
Security Alert! The PHP CGI cannot be accessed directly.
This PHP CGI binary was compiled with force-cgi-redirect enabled. This means that a page will only be served up if the REDIRECT_STATUS CGI variable is set, e.g. via an Apache Action directive.

For more information as to why this behaviour exists, see the manual page for CGI security.

For more information about changing this behaviour or re-enabling this webserver, consult the installation file that came with this distribution, or visit the manual page.
-------------------------------------------------

So I checked the Trouble Shooting manual, and it seemed I had to insert the variable REDIRECT_STATUS with a value of 200, but I already did this, what else could it be?

Thanks in advance!
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Security alert... Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Hi,

I get the following error:

----------------------------------------------------------
Security Alert! The PHP CGI cannot be accessed directly.
This PHP CGI binary was compiled with force-cgi-redirect enabled. This means that a page will only be served up if the REDIRECT_STATUS CGI variable is set, e.g. via an Apache Action directive.

For more information as to why this behaviour exists, see the manual page for CGI security.

For more information about changing this behaviour or re-enabling this webserver, consult the installation file that came with this distribution, or visit the manual page.
-------------------------------------------------

So I checked the Trouble Shooting manual, and it seemed I had to insert the variable REDIRECT_STATUS with a value of 200, but I already did this, what else could it be?

Thanks in advance!

You should set REDIRECT_STATUS in the CGI Environment table. Please check that you used the correct spelling of the word (in capital letters).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

I copied the variable and value from the table, so there's no way it could be wrong...
But I solved the problem like this:
Exit Abyss -> Uninstalled PHP --> Installed PHP again

Et voila!

No more errors...

Thanks anyway!
kip2001
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope re-installing it works, cuz I have the same problem :cry: I'll tell you if it works though!
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I copied the variable and value from the table, so there's no way it could be wrong...
But I solved the problem like this:
Exit Abyss -> Uninstalled PHP --> Installed PHP again

Et voila!

No more errors...

Thanks anyway!

You don't nned to reinstall it if you followed exactly our guidelines at http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/php.html . REDIRECT_STATUS must be declared in the CGI environment table and it must be spelled that way (in capital letter and do not add spaces before or after).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: