Error 200

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leenu_n
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Error 200 Reply with quote

I am trying to access Northwind database in MSSQL. I have all the dlls in place . But i get this error 200 !!!
This is the code
$s = @mssql_connect($myServer, ,)
if($s >0)
{
echo "cldnt connect";
}
$d = @mssql_select_db($myDB, $s)

btw I have NT authentication and i set it on in the php.ini
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
topniz
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with ASP, we get often this error (i mean, the fact that authentification couldn't be well issued).

First of all, try to check if your php scripts can execute without problem before try to connect to the database (e.g. try this script at the root of your CGI directory:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>
)

If it shows you the phpinfo page, look in it for mssql support (you should find that mssql is loaded as an extension to php).

If all that stuff is OK, look forward for help about trusted connection for SQL Server (look in Building SQL Server Applications help). In fact, the trusted connection is required if you use NT authentification (only for MS SQL : shitting, isn't it?).

What, i often do and ask the others to care about, is to use mixed authentification. I create a DB user with the appropriate access rights to database. I set its password and i include authentification data in my connection string (your $myserver).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: