Technical Support Policy
Our technical support is free
Anyone can send a question to our technical support by email. We do not charge for helping you solve the issues you may encounter while using our software.
Standard Technical Support
Any user can contact our technical support by email to ask questions about Abyss Web Server. Response delays vary from a few hours to a few days depending on our workload and the number of requests we have to process. But we always send an answer.
Priority Technical Support
Users of Abyss Web Server X2 are entitled to priority technical support during 1 year from the date of purchase and as long as their update protection is still valid. All their technical support questions are prioritized and answered before standard technical support requests.
Matters in which we are experts
- Abyss Web Server installation
- The installation process, setting the server as a system service, startup item, or daemon, the uninstallation, moving the server to another computer...
- Abyss Web Server configuration
- The configuration parameters, using the console...
- Abyss Web Server features
- Custom error pages, custom directory templates and scripts, password protection, bandwidth limits...
- Declaring a scripting language in Abyss Web Server
- PHP, Perl, ASP, TCL, Ruby, Python, Rebol, and any language that you may want to use.
Issues about which we can provide advice
These are the problems we're not expert in but about which we can provide advice.
- Networking issues
- General guidelines about setting a router in front of Abyss Web Server, making your server accessible from outside your LAN, configuring your firewall to allow incoming traffic to Abyss Web Server...
- Scripts installation
- How to install scripts on an Abyss Web Server powered site...
- Scripts issues
- How to interpret error messages you may receive, how to configure PHP and its extensions...
Problems for which we cannot provide any clue
But for which you can still ask for help in Aprelium Forum...
- Router and firewall configuration
- Read its user's guide and ask its manufacturer/publisher for help. They know their products better than us...
- Using a script/third party software
- Read its documentation, ask its author or seek for help on specialized forums. We cannot provide technical support for software we have not written.
- Writing or learning how to program
- There are plenty of free tutorials on the Internet that can help you learn HTML/CSS and scripting languages such as PHP, Perl, and ASP. You can also find cheap and useful books about these topics in your favorite bookstore.
- And all the issues not listed in the previous two sections
- Including operating system issues, hardware problems, DNS configuration, mail and FTP servers' configuration and use...
- This technical support policy may be changed without notice by Aprelium, and use of Aprelium's technical support or products constitutes agreement with and acceptance of any such changes.
- Any message that you will receive from Aprelium's Technical Support is provided "as is", without warranty or condition of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, noninterference and non-infringement. Aprelium makes no warranty or representation as to any content you will receive from its technical support or to the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained from it.
- In no event will Aprelium be liable to you for any special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages of any kind, including but not limited to any lost profits and lost savings, however caused, whether for tort, negligence, or otherwise, whether or not you was advised of the possibility of such loss or damages.