Immediate availability of a maintenance release of Abyss Web Server (version 126.96.36.199)
June 23, 2014
Aprelium is pleased to announce the release of new updates for both editions of Abyss Web Server for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux:
- Abyss Web Server X1 version 188.8.131.52: Free personal edition. It isn't a trial version or a demo. It is a fully usable personal web server with no limitations, no nag screens, no spyware, and no advertisements.
- Abyss Web Server X2 version 184.108.40.206: Professional edition priced at US $59.95. It is a professional web server which comes with 1 year of free upgrades and 1 year of priority technical support.
Users of previous versions should upgrade as soon as possible to this new version.
The new releases improves the SSL/TLS support while hardening it against a recently discovered SSL/TLS implementation vulnerability:
- Updated the SSL/TLS engine to fix a potential MITM weak-key use vulnerability (CVE-2014-0224)
The new releases corrects the following issues discovered in version 2.9.3:
- Inability to access the Custom Error Pages dialog in the console of the Linux version.
- Error 400 when validating query strings containing %25 followed by a non-hexadecimal character.
- Crash when reporting long SSI-related errors.
For Abyss Web Server X1 Users
Visit Downloads to get the new version of Abyss Web Server. Installation and upgrading instructions are provided on the download page.
For Abyss Web Server X2 Users
Open Abyss Web Server's console, select Help & Support, and click on Check for Updates.