Abyss Web Server 1.0.7 Technology Preview available for testing
July 14, 2002
Aprelium Technologies is proud to announce the availability of Abyss Web Server 1.0.7. This version is a technology preview release. It is available only for tests and as a preview for the next version 1.1. It should be considered as a beta quality release. Therefore, it is recommended to not to use it in productive environments.
The changes introduced in this version are listed below:
- SSI support: Standard directives are supported (#config, #echo, #exec, #flastmod, #fsize, and #include).
- Custom Error Pages: They are entirely configurable and can even be generated by SSI pages or CGI scripts.
- Updated server engine.
- Various minor bug fixes.
- Abyss Web Server 1.0.7 Technology Preview for Windows (124 Kb)
- Abyss Web Server 1.0.7 Technology Preview for Linux (99 Kb)
Full book in A4 format. Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader for on screen reading or high quality printing.
- Abyss Web Server 1.0.7 for Windows User's Guide (PDF, 564 KB)
- Abyss Web Server 1.0.7 for Linux User's Guide (PDF, 563 KB)
Upgrading the Windows version:
To upgrade from the previous version, download Abyss Web Server 1.0.7 TP and run the installer. It will detect the presence of an older version and will ask you to uninstall it. Once the old version removed, the installer will setup the new version.
CAUTION: Be careful and read all the on-screen dialog boxes. In fact, the uninstaller will ask you if you want to remove Abyss Web Server's setup directory. You must answer NO to keep your web site and your configuration file.
Upgrading the Linux version:
Download Abyss Web Server 1.0.7 TP package, go to the directory where Abyss Web Server is installed and execute the following commands (which purpose is replacing the old application files with newer ones):
mv htdocs/index.html htdocs/index.html.bak
tar xfz abws107.tgz
mv htdocs/index.html.bak htdocs/index.html
If errors are reported when executing the first and the last command, ignore them. Obviously, they occurred because you have no index.html file in the htdocs directory.
All your feedback about this release should be directed to the 1.0.7 Technology Preview section in our Forum and/or to